Premature baby in Colorado survives being delivered in toilet

Professur

LITTLETON, Colo. (AP) - A premature baby survived after being delivered in a toilet, police said.

"I just had a baby," Salina Newman told the operator when she dialed emergency services Tuesday, according to transcripts released to the media on Thursday. "I was only six months pregnant and I went to the restroom and the baby is in the toilet." Littleton police officer Bob Carmody said when he arrived at the apartment, Newman told him the baby had been miscarried.

"I looked in the toilet bowl and I could see movement, and the baby was enclosed in the sac and everything," Carmody told Denver television stations. He pulled the baby out of the toilet with rubber gloves.

"I could see the hair, the hands up by the face, and parts of the legs and stuff, but I didn't take a lot of time to look at it. I just made sure and covered up the blanket."

Another officer ran down three flights of stairs to paramedics who had just arrived.

The baby girl, named Nevaeh (heaven spelled backwards), weighed 1 1/2 pounds and was at Littleton Adventist Hosptial, where she's expected to remain until she reaches six pounds, police said.
capt.wxs11202100623.toilet_baby_wxs112.jpg

Source

Bad enough to start life like that, but to then get saddled with a retarded name like that ..... some folks need a beating.

Back