Prickly City

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
prc041027.gif

Get fuzzy my ass... :D

chcr said:
I don't have to get "tutored," I'm married. :D

That means we're too late to save you. :D Don't worry, though. I'm about to get married, too, so I'll be tutored just like you. :lol2:

chcr said:
I don't have to get "tutored," I'm married. :D

I got tutored in marriage, for 12 years, not any more, and will NEVER do it again in this lifetime.....that piece of paper ruins everything...

Mare said:
I got tutored in marriage, for 12 years, not any more, and will NEVER do it again in this lifetime.....that piece of paper ruins everything...

Really Mare?

But its just paper really... and if you're married it means security for you and any offspring if anything were to happen to your spouse...

The whole 6month "common law" thing has its down falls in legal terms... :shrug:

Besides its just a celebration to show your family and friends (and the world at large) how much you mean to each other... a public declaration of love.

*CB recently engaged emotionally waiting for a year to pass before its an actuality to stop our parent's passing out!!!!*

Secong thought edit: Should I make this another thread topic... "Marriage: Pros and Cons"

Those in favour say... Ay!

Gato_Solo said:
That means we're too late to save you. :D Don't worry, though. I'm about to get married, too, so I'll be tutored just like you. :lol2:

Here, this is my official, friendly DON'T DO IT comment. That said, it's working out okay for me.

chcr said:
Here, this is my official, friendly DON'T DO IT comment. That said, it's working out okay for me.

Really?

*CB's beginning to worry that she and partner may have it all wrong with the engagement thing*

ClaireBear said:
Really?

*CB's beginning to worry that she and partner may have it all wrong with the engagement thing*

Don't let us fool you. Marriage, with the right person, can be the best thing that could ever happen to you. One bit of advice, though...don't 'rush' into it. If you, or your future husband, feels pressured into making that step, then it will never work. Open eyes, open minds, and open hearts is the only way to stay together for life. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
Don't let us fool you. Marriage, with the right person, can be the best thing that could ever happen to you. One bit of advice, though...don't 'rush' into it. If you, or your future husband, feels pressured into making that step, then it will never work. Open eyes, open minds, and open hearts is the only way to stay together for life. ;)

Great advice Gato...

Marriage, it's been the best six months of my life. In fact, I like it so much I've done it twice.

But its all about you and the other person and it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom surely...

As Gato says... go in eyes open... expect nothing but the unexpected...

I'm too bitter/jaded...I won't poison you lol - I'll just shaddup and stay in my never again camp.

Yeah... I suppose everyone's different and it depends on which wanker you end up getting hitched to in the first place innit! ;) :kiss:

S'cool Les... :hug: (aaahhh! Some one nick the :hugs: smilie from PiL... its much nicer!)

I'm in the "never gonna" camp. It's just a piece of paper. :shrug: 'course I'll prolly be forced to because of those bloody insurance-type things. :rolleyes:

My uncle remarried today in fact, we only heard about it a couple of days ago and they're getting married at the courthouse, just about a month or 2 after his divorce was finalized. He and his ex-wife adopted a Korean boy they named Conrad about 3 years ago now and he gets his weekend visits and brings him up for the holidays and stuff. None of us ever liked his ex-wife much, a snooty know-it-all lawyer that didn't really blend in with the rest of us too well. His new wife, who he's been working with for a long time so that's how they knew each other so well, has only seen us once at my grandma's birthday party (surprise, grandma doesn't remember her :D) and she was nice and real good with Conrad, and he's happy. I don't know about the sudden marriage, but if it works out, then let them be happy.

Back