Problem printing a .pdf

A.B.Normal

I was on a Dodge forum and someone posted the {check engine light}codes,I figured great I d/l and print them up so I could have a hardcopy in the truck just in case it ever throws a code. The pages all have a big black blotch and not all the blotches are indentical . I thought it might have been Copyright protected ,but according to the "Security info" (attached) its not .

Here is the .pdf in case anyone wants to take a look . www.members.shaw.ca/abnormal/Codes.pdf 50kb

And yes I can print anything else and it prints normal .jpeg,.doc,.txt etc.... so its not the printer .

I only tried printing page 1, but page 1 printed with no problems. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 4.0 to view/print it.

As an aside, do those codes work for all DaimlerChrysler vehicles? Specifically, the Neon? Or is that truck-only?

It printed fine for me on Reader 6.0
Try printing to file, and see if it will do it...?

Thanks, guess I've got some figuring to do then.

Yes Inky,those codes should be for all OBDII vehicles ??? you can also get them here http://www.troublecodes.net/chrysler/96-01.shtml ,but I don't think they are as complete. In 2000 or newer Dodge trucks ,to pull the code all I need to do is turn the key off/on/off/on/off/on {"on" being the point where the guages light up but before the engine cranks} and the code will be diplayed in the odometer .97-99 it can be a little trickier pressing in the odometer button and watching the dashlights(Check engine light) flash a certain a number of times.In some Autozones they'll pull your codes for free,guess thats just a US thingy though.

I think I'll boot up WinXP and see if it'll print under it.

thanks.

Worked thanks,guess I need to play with Win98 to get this figured ,it was 2am and I needed to be up for 8am so it never occurred to me to try XP at that time.

Back