Problems settingup ftp

HeXp£Øi±

I'm trying to use bulletproof ftp to set up a server but i can't seem to login to my account when i test it through a browser. It's literally been years since i used an ftp app. Can anyone recommend something with a more simple interface?

I've always used WsFtp, but I can't seem to find where to set it up as a server either. :shrug:

I've got bulletproof, unfortunately, I've never set up an ftp server so I don't even know why I got involved in this conversation:shrug:

3.2 million users & 3 files with 111, none are yours...do it later

That's weird. There's three people downloading them right now. Well,i'm on 24/7. See if i can't get this ftp thing figured out. Where there's a will there's a way.

I always use Serv-U FTP. Works like a charm and easy to set up.

Make sure you set a home dir for your user, and set that same home dir to be write/read-able for the server. :)

Mirlyn said:
I always use Serv-U FTP. Works like a charm and easy to set up.

Make sure you set a home dir for your user, and set that same home dir to be write/read-able for the server. :)

Readable will do, unless you want em to upload, you can specify write but not delete as well. you must setup a folder as the ftp root for it to work for the account, seems like the ftp is working ok in respect to ip/port etc.

I just started using bulletproof and have seemed to muddle through getting it to work so far! *poke* BUT i couldn't tell anyone how to use it its just one of those things!

IIS doesn't have multiple usernames with different home directories. At least not to my knowledge. If it does it's damn hard to set up.

as far as i know it dosen't. the IIS stuff is pretty basic with all its offerings, rather use bulletproof as it has served me well, cuteftp is great for uploadin to ftp servers and getright is the best in downloading.

Back