Pt ...

Hey, I figure you take the chance of being there because you want to, not because you're told to. You're accepting the risk on yourself at that point. :shrug:

Now the Iraqi Civilians, I'll hope they stay home safe too.

unclehobart said:
You hear that, reporters? You are fair game.

:lol:
...Seriously though, is it me, or does anyone else get irritated at the "entertainment value" (for lack of a better word) of war.

We were at a friend's house and his father yelled from the other room, "hey, keep it down, i'm watching the war" ... he said it casually like it was a game on tv or something.

I'm guilty of that myself. It seems like entertainment in a sense. I can't say I view it like a game exactly, but close.

I don't find it very entertaining. Like all war, its 90% boredom followed by 10% screeching horror. All of the reporters and talking heads on the news networks are grabbing at straws and attempting to put anything on the air. Its redundancy is becoming redundant in a redundant way of redundancy. Its lulling me to sleep.

I don't see it as entertaining either. I only give it direct attention when something obviously noteworthy has occured. I hate when they do the up close and personals with wives and mothers...

A bunch of guys at work were clustered around the only tv in the building for quite a while. My boss, who was one of them, came back after 2 hours, all excited that he got to see bombs go off and anti aircraft fire. :rolleyes:

i dont see it as entertaining but from my understanding the gov't uses the media to gain support in war and will show the good guys so to speak winning and such. and ratings too is a major part.

Squiggy said:
I hate when they do the up close and personals with wives and mothers...

but, Squiggy, those are heart wrenching moments fulll of tender admiration....oh, fuck. they're horseshit :D

Hey after being fed a solid diet of reality trash, this is what the viewing public is primed for. It's the ultimate Survivor/Cops crossover. Find the bad guy, and vote him off the island.

i can't explain why, but for some strange reason, i find the iraqi buildings silhouetted by fire somehow.... beautiful.
strictly aesthetically, that is.

kuulani said:
...Seriously though, is it me, or does anyone else get irritated at the "entertainment value" (for lack of a better word) of war.
I can't say I am at all. I'm interested in it as an historical fact. Don't ask me why I'm simply fascinated by military history. Good or bad, that's a singular opportunity to see history happening...

ash r said:
i can't explain why, but for some strange reason, i find the iraqi buildings silhouetted by fire somehow.... beautiful.
strictly aesthetically, that is.

i agree although the destruction was hoorible(i sya that only because i dont like the idea of all the destruction) i thought there was some beautiful in it myself. also i find beauty in teh ending of sadams regime. but maybe i am the only one who sees beauty in that?

Back