Quandry...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I didn't know whether to post this in RW or here, but I have a question. Whats the purse got to do with anything? I know what it says...now...but its just a purse. :shrug:

Well...I guess we could liken it to a KKK Member emblazoned on a purse or a swastika (even though that was stolen from the Buddhists).

Well...I guess we could liken it to a KKK Member emblazoned on a purse or a swastika (even though that was stolen from the Buddhists).

If thats who you want to be...Makes it easier for me to play "spot the idiot". I'll repeat.
1. Its a purse.
2. The writing is in Chinese.
3. The phrase translates into "Serve the People".
4. The 'Shining Path' Maoist rebels were clearly not 'serving the people'. That phrase does not apply to them.
5. The 'Shining Path' were not well known outside of Peru.

The only statement she made should've been this...

Diaz admitted she did not realise the slogan's "potentially hurtful nature".

"The bag was a purchase I made as a tourist in China."

So not knowing WTF you're buying is something to apologize for now?

If thats who you want to be...Makes it easier for me to play "spot the idiot". I'll repeat.
1. Its a purse.
2. The writing is in Chinese.
3. The phrase translates into "Serve the People".
4. The 'Shining Path' Maoist rebels were clearly not 'serving the people'. That phrase does not apply to them.
5. The 'Shining Path' were not well known outside of Peru.

The only statement she made should've been this...

So not knowing WTF you're buying is something to apologize for now?

Oh I agree with you buuuut let's be realistic about the way it is with sensibilities. I understand that Cameron was clueless about it's effect and someone in the know should have informed her.

Seriously, since when do peruvians have a tree up their asses and bitch about being offended?

The thing that gets me is that she didn't just say "I know! I'll hop on a plane and go putz around Peru!". This was a planned tour with peopl managing it on both ends and one of them should have said that the commie bag was not a good idea. That's kinda why she has those folks around.

The thing that gets me is that she didn't just say "I know! I'll hop on a plane and go putz around Peru!". This was a planned tour with peopl managing it on both ends and one of them should have said that the commie bag was not a good idea. That's kinda why she has those folks around.

I'm not so sure you can realistically expect such hangers-on to be competent or anything, but you're probably right.

Doesn't matter at all, no matter what people are hanging on. How many of those in her entourage can read/write Mandarin or Cantonese? It was a purse bought in a Beijing tourist-trap. No more, no less.

But Gato, if you had bought a swatsika purse in a Buddhist tourist trap and wore it to a Jewish neighborhood you would expect people to be upset. This is just a little more obscure.

But Gato, if you had bought a swatsika purse in a Buddhist tourist trap and wore it to a Jewish neighborhood you would expect people to be upset. This is just a little more obscure.

I wouldn't buy a swastika purse. I'm more of a classic black...:p

Back