Question for Uncle Hobart

markjs

Banned
I thought I remembered you saying you had nasal surgery to correct your breathing. I have some questions, because I have a surgery scheduled. I can take it so give me the straight poop.

1. Is it very painful, and for how long?

2. Do you have to return to the doctors to have the packing removed?

3. How long do you have your nose packed?

4. If you had tubes to prevent scarring (he says I will), how long did you have them and how annoying were they?

I hope to hear from you or someone who's had this procedure done. Thanks

I don't think Unc has had nasal surgery. He has had ear surgery, though.

In any case, I'd be surprised if he responded real soon. He's taken a bit of a vacation from the boards for a week or so.

If you're talking about septoplasty, I've had it done. It's too weird, you're awake & able to feel the chisel & hammer doing their job while not feeling it.

Remover your own packing (I got sick from the pure cocaine) after a few hours. No tubes here.

I know for sure somebody said thay had nasal surgery and I'd damn near lay money on it that it was UncleHobart. I just wish he'd come around cuz the suspense is killing me.

WHERE ARE YOU UNCLE HOBART?...you know your our favorite uncle.....well for lack of any other uncles anyhow.....

Damn...all I know is that someone, here or at HWC had nasal surgery.....looks like I have to face the knife not knowing. I guess I will just have to bear in mind that this will equal freedom for me from all the decongetants and nasal sprays I have to use just to breathe.

May i ask what difference does it makes if you know what they're going to do to you?

I mean, knowing it or not, you will still get into surgery :D

Or you are just planning to step down if you find out that is terrible pain?

OK, a couple of friends went to the surgery process, it was more a stetical than functional surgery.
- IS NOT that painful.
- You are recovered in about a month.
- It is very uncomfortable after going out of the surgery.
- You will not be able to talk fine in a few days, because your nose will be completely closed.

-..........can't remember anything else.

Back