Rain, rain, go away ...

kuulani

It's been raining so hard this past weekend, that when I came into work this morning, there were 2 ducks swimming in the yard outside the front door of this office :eek:

:D

are you sure you don't live in wales? ;)

normally it rains loads here but the last few weeks have been glorious. it's supposed to be dry only 90days in a year in south wales :mad2:

Originally posted by ris
are you sure you don't live in wales? ;)

normally it rains loads here but the last few weeks have been glorious. it's supposed to be dry only 90days in a year in south wales :mad2:

that's about how dry it is here too :D

pics of duckys are on the way ...

and i had it in my mind that hawaii was all sunny and dry and warm and lovely. i guess another preconception gone :)

luckily more me we live on an upper floor so flooding is someone elses problem. if it ever became ours then we a serious problem :eek:

Most of Hawaii is sunny, dry, warm and lovely ... on the leeward sides of the island. The windward sides of most islands has nice, rainy, snuggle-under-the-blanket weather :D

see, i do learn something new every day! :)

we get weather forecasts in october that are somthing like this:

'cold front sweeping in from the west, bringing rain, sleet and showers. we expect this to stay with us until april, when drizzle and showery spells will set in'

uhhhhhh :)

A little U.S. Weather Trivia:

Most number of rain days:
1. Hilo, Hawaii - 278
2.Yakutat, AK - 235
3. Cold Bay, AK - 226
4. Annette, AK - 223
5. Juneau, AK - 222
6. Mt. Washington, NH - 209
7. Quillayute, WA - 208

The Spring Festival Carnival was here over the weekend - me and my kids went yesterday in the rain .. it was actually pretty fun - I haven't played in the rain in a really long time ...

of course, as soon as I realized I had to get into my Jeep soaking wet and would get all my seats soaked, the excitement wore off :D

I love rain, i need rain, something has to cool this damn weather.

I don't care if i see a duck in the street, i want rain :D :D

Originally posted by nalani
The Spring Festival Carnival was here over the weekend - me and my kids went yesterday in the rain .. it was actually pretty fun - I haven't played in the rain in a really long time ...

of course, as soon as I realized I had to get into my Jeep soaking wet and would get all my seats soaked, the excitement wore off :D

Ah, it sucks when responsibility and the idea that you're paying for the vehicle sets in and spoils the fun.

I hate being an adult and having to be responsible *folding my arms and stomping away*

*laughing with you and not at you*

I just learned that the window of your car is broken ... well, what's a little rain-soaked seats from playing in the rain, compared to the rain-soaked seats from parking your car in the rain 24/7 :D

Back