Rangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

catocom

Rangel Innocent Until Proven Guilty, Pelosi Says
Innocent until proven guilty -- that's why House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refuses to remove New York Rep. Charles Rangel from his powerful chairmanship of the House Ways and Means Committee.

As the House Ethics Committee investigates a string of allegations against Rangel, who represents New York's Harlem district, a spokesman for Pelosi said Friday that the "bipartisan process" should be allowed to finish before the congressman's fate is decided.

The committee voted unanimously Thursday to expand its probe of Rangel, who faces numerous allegations spanning several years, including alleged failure to pay taxes and disclose as much as $1.3 million in income that he earned from multiple properties.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/09/pelosi-rangel-probe-ethics-investigation/

I wonder if the feds will bring charges.
I'm guessing he'll skate.

If there's enough evidence the feds will nail him to a tree. That's how they roll. These public figures fly high until they make a mistake and when they do they fall from great heights.

From the article...
"The committee voted unanimously Thursday to expand its probe of Rangel, who faces numerous allegations spanning several years, including alleged failure to pay taxes and disclose as much as $1.3 million in income that he earned from multiple properties.

Pelosi thinks removing Rangel from the chairmanship of the powerful tax-writing committee before the ethics probe is completed would undermine the American principle of innocent until proven guilty, said Drew Hammill, the speaker's spokesman. He said Pelosi does not believe her decision weakens the public perception of congressional ethics. "

There is an ethics probe going on, there's no conclusion yet. However, I would have suspended him from his position until the probe was concluded.

Pelosi thinks removing Rangel from the chairmanship of the powerful tax-writing committee before the ethics probe is completed would undermine the American principle of innocent until proven guilty, said Drew Hammill, the speaker's spokesman. He said Pelosi does not believe her decision weakens the public perception of congressional ethics. "

There is an ethics probe going on, there's no conclusion yet. However, I would have suspended him from his position until the probe was concluded.

I agree; innocent until proven guilty. We suspend teachers that are under investigation for abuse. We remove officers off the street after a shooting. We place people on bail while the case is argued in court.

Another tax evader?

Yes.

The House Ways and Means Committee writes the tax code that Rangel & Geithner (Treasury sect'y) can't read.

Pelosi is an idiot. (well, duh) Innocent until proven guilty is supposed to apply to citizens, not GREAT LEGISLATIVE LEADERS...

I agree; innocent until proven guilty. We suspend teachers that are under investigation for abuse. We remove officers off the street after a shooting. We place people on bail while the case is argued in court.

Can you say DeLay?

aw crap..you had to just give me a mental image recall of Delay on dancing with the stars, didn't you?.

I think I'm gonna be sick now:sick5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back