Real Player

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Bastards. I have gone without RealPlayer for four years now. First installed it back in 98 when I got my K6-200. Slowed that thing down to a crawl then, and I had nothing but trouble with it after I installed Real. Well, I've done it again. I can't seem to find any decent Internet News Radio that broadcasts in Windows Media Format, so I installed Real tonight.

First response, I'd have to say I'm impressed, I'm getting video feeds at much higher quality than I ever have through WMF, and the radio selections seem to be endless.

Any problems I should be aware of, since I've avoided this thing like the plague for the last four years?

I have the Real installed. The minimum. The absolute barebones. I don't have any issues with it at all.

No problems with it here.

However i read a few months ago about spyware in real download, the thing sended (??) your name to real networks whenever you downloaded something.

I refuse to download the Real One system. That thing tried to hijack my system. I'll stick with the last varaint of old Real Player, thank you.

Damn Windows Media! since I upgraded it to 9 it won't play CDs or mp3s properly - I've had to associate them with Real Player. :mad:

Luis G said:
ohh, so it isn't windows media 9 fault ;)

Yes it is, I didn't download this one until this afternoon for this PC - I have it on my TBird. Result: no problems.

Windows media was fine until I upgraded it to 9, fortunately you can roll back with the new one to your original player - 6.4! :(

They are all legitimate free downloads btw from Weblisten. They give away one free song a month and if you register you can download it. You can also listen to the songs for free. And actually I don't think their prices are bad at all. :)

real player = never will see the light of my system again.

it set itself as my default media player.
i'd check the box to un-default it, but it always went back.

every time i tried to play a cd in my compy, it would freeze.

the only thing i miss about realplayer is Gothic Radio. ( www.gothicradio.com )

Back