Recording woes

IDLEchild

Two problems (Pc in question is using XP)

1) I am using recording software such as Goldwave and All2wave to record from media files...It records but when I playback the recordings I get dead silence....any reason. I have a SB live C400 sound card and 10 min before starting this thread I updated the drivers, installed all the other updates but I still get no sound in recorded files.

2) When I record voice from a microphone the voice comes out so distorted and muffled that anything recorded sounds like the malebolgia chanting demonic prayers....any reasons?

Any help appreciated.

So I did hardware test in directX and I get this.

An error occured during DirectPlay voice setup.
The error code is 0x80004005.

and then the message

The DirectPlay voice wizard failed with error code 0x80004005.

Dunno....try reinstalling DX? I assume the volume controls are set and no sound filters/styles have been added...

You might also check the software website to see if there are specific issues with your sound card. A lot of times you'll find a workaround there.

chcr said:
You might also check the software website to see if there are specific issues with your sound card. A lot of times you'll find a workaround there.

Actually it turns out that XP has sound issues with DirectX9. There is an article dealing with this error on Micorsoft's site but their solution doesn't work. So I will have to reformat just to be able to record voice. Turns out a lot of people have the same problem as me.

Any to go to back to DirectX8.1?

chcr said:
XP is pretty buggy. You guys know about the Outlook Express issue?

This is going to sound exteremely stupid by I can't use my outlook express because I can't find the send button. I've looked everywhere when I open up Outlook but can't find the button to send e-mails. Besides that what is the issue with Outlook express?

Back