Red Sox in the series and nobody has anything to say?

I've been rooting for the Sox since game 3 of the ALCS. I somehow knew they'd pull it off! You may not believe that but the people that know me have been listening in disbelief ever since I predicted the Sox comeback.

It's time for the curse to end.......SOX IN SIX!

Fair weather fan, huh? I've been rooting for the Texas Rangers since I was about 10... and that's even through the A-Rod years.

Hardly a fair weather fan.....I am a longtime Mariner fan, which makes me a fan of the underdog. The Sox are definately the underdog when going up against the Yankees. Not to mention they were down 3-0 in the series. I am not a fan of the Red Sox though I very much would like to see them win the series this year. They, and Boston deserves a world series title. For that matter so does Seattle but it looks like we are going to rebuild for a few years. I guess our hopes need to be tied into the Seahawks.

The only real curse is ours, still, at least the Red Sox have been to the WS in the last almost 60 years now. If the Red Sox do win, we'll probably be the most pathetic baseball city for a long time to come since the 2 teams with the longest periods since winning the WS will be the Cubs and White Sox, a combined 185 years without the title. Anyways, since I'm certainly no fan of the Cardinals, it's even easier for me to root for the Red Sox. I still can't believe that Mark Bellhorn is actually getting big hits, I can't remember even one from him when he was here.

Seahawks need to learn how to hold a 3 score lead at halftime, Rams made you look really pathetic a couple of weeks ago. But then again, you got Holmgren, and I love watching him lose almost as much as Wanny (he's still 0-fer, ha ha). :p I don't see anyone else in the NFL being on par with the Pats and Eagles, really.

If you watched that Rams game you'd know that they won on a couple of roll the dice long plays (granted we didn't defend the long pass well), and they won a crucial overtime coin flip. It wasn't that big of a deal losing the Rams one. Obviously it hurt but it wasn't anything a team like this can't handle and bounce back from. I'll be betting some cash somewhere that we'll take that rematch.

The fact that we had a chance in the Patriot game and blew it hurt a lot more, but I personally guarantee that you'll see the Seahawks in the playoffs and don't be surprised to see us deep in there to the end.

Jerry Rice will also prove to be a great aquisition because even at 42 he's about to prove he can still get it done.

The curse is not lifted until (and if) the Red Sox win the World Series. I am not particularly averse to them winning, but my Yankees fan oath prevents me from actively rooting for them. I'm not sure but I think it's an executable offense. :D

Mark said:
They, and Boston deserves a world series title.

The best deserve it & the Bosox haven't fulfilled that. Now if only the Yankee's would quit buying all their titles.

Can someone please tell me why a bunch of overpaid grown men get so much attention for playing a televised children's game?

"Hey look! He hit a ball with a stick!!!"
"Look!! Look!!. That guy caught it!!!"

Sorry, but I don't get where that's so facinating that it warrants national TV coverage, and million dollar paycheques.

Professur said:
Can someone please tell me why a bunch of overpaid grown men get so much attention for playing a televised children's game?

"Hey look! He hit a ball with a stick!!!"
"Look!! Look!!. That guy caught it!!!"

Sorry, but I don't get where that's so facinating that it warrants national TV coverage, and million dollar paycheques.

1.Look at what else we have on TV
2. If someone offered you 50 mil a year to play Quake, would you wonder what was wrong with the moron or start brushing up on yur skills? :D

Well, the 'big fat obnoxious boss' looks promising... :rolleyes:

As for the Seahawks, they were embarrassed again, losing to the Arizona Cardinals today. They'll make the playoffs, but only because their best competition in the division is the Rams who lost to 0-6 Miami today. The Lions look better than all 4 of you right now. :D

The Red Sox are winning in spite of their defense, that's for sure, 8 errors in 2 games, they're making the White Sox defense look outstanding all of a sudden. Two 6 game winning streaks on the line Tuesday, the Cardinals 6 game home winning streak (undefeated there in the playoffs) and the Red Sox current 6 game winning streak. Things could get interesting if the Red Sox win game 3, they'd have to copy the Yankees to blow it (I'll never get tired of this :D ), so the Cards have to be feeling pressure as it's basically a must win for them.

chcr said:
1.Look at what else we have on TV
2. If someone offered you 50 mil a year to play Quake, would you wonder what was wrong with the moron or start brushing up on yur skills? :D

1. Nova, the discovery channel, etc.
2. Both. But that wouldn't make the 40 million voyeurs any less odd for paying to watch.

Stop Laughing said:
Well, the 'big fat obnoxious boss' looks promising... :rolleyes:

As for the Seahawks, they were embarrassed again, losing to the Arizona Cardinals today. They'll make the playoffs, but only because their best competition in the division is the Rams who lost to 0-6 Miami today. The Lions look better than all 4 of you right now. :D

The Red Sox are winning in spite of their defense, that's for sure, 8 errors in 2 games, they're making the White Sox defense look outstanding all of a sudden. Two 6 game winning streaks on the line Tuesday, the Cardinals 6 game home winning streak (undefeated there in the playoffs) and the Red Sox current 6 game winning streak. Things could get interesting if the Red Sox win game 3, they'd have to copy the Yankees to blow it (I'll never get tired of this :D ), so the Cards have to be feeling pressure as it's basically a must win for them.
I'll remind you that they won the first two on the road in '86.

html-home_01.gif

Back