Remember SARS

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It may be back & this time it has a friend

Medical researchers have found cats can catch Sars and pass it on to other animals.

A team of US scientists at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston say the finding raises the question of whether cats can pass the virus to humans.

Ananova

smilies_sars.gif

Ready.....

Argh, bloody hell, I have tried to forget SARS, but the fuckers keep coming back - I tell ye, the taxman will be the end of me :mad:

Professur said:
Have I ever mentionned that I hate cats?
Me too. I know they find some source of mud somewhere in the neighborhood and immediately walk over our trucks.

Here in the US, the #1 killer virus is Flu.
According to the stats, SARS would have to make quite a tare to
beat the number deaths caused by Flu each year.

Mirlyn said:
Me too. I know they find some source of mud somewhere in the neighborhood and immediately walk over our trucks.

Indeed they do, the little rascals. Usually the day after you wash the truck . . . And they were having kittens in the canoe barn. I trained the dogs to give any cats bloody hell if they come onto my property. :devious: Now they won't set foot anywhere near the place.

I love cats-but when i have one again as did I before-they were always inside kitties... :swing:

SARS is bullshit. 8x more people die every year from the flu, yet where's the national guard when i'm sneezing my ass off? (ie now) Where's the widespread panic when i go out with a runny nose?

Sickening. :disgust:

Kawaii said:
Where's the widespread panic when i go out with a runny nose?

it's all up here :retard:

they just asked me again at the dr's office last night if i had any of the exposure warning signs or any symptoms...if i'd said yes they would have thrown a mask on me not let me in and sent me to hospital.

Leslie said:
if i'd said yes they would have thrown a mask on me not let me in and sent me to hospital.
If i'd said i had The Big Scary Boogeyman Symptoms(tm) they woulda said "Go home and sleep you fucking pussy. You have the flu FGS."

But then again Sweden isn't exactly the country that was hit worst by SARS...

There are always going to be new viruses floating about and mutated ones of old favourites... we just have to live with it and hope we're not the next victim.

If you take sensible precautions and look after your health chances are you'll be fine... it's people like my daughter who have chronic life threatening conditions or who are severely debilitated by other illnesses that are most at risk.

That is true Aunty

and for everyone wondering why there is such a huge deal abotu SARS over the flu...it's because SARS is so much more easily passed around.

Back