Remember when...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Longing for the heyday of an unrepentent past when men were men, children knew their place & women were housewives. Dinner was warm, the house was clean & sex was dirty (when done properly).

No need for fattening take out when you had stickin' to the ribs wholesome meals. Kids were bad when they lied about the "C" they got on the math test. Men earned the wages, maintained the yard & took out the trash. Women kept a neat & tidy house without being whining about the "supermom" syndrome because they were SuperMOM, daily.

Far fewer out of wedlock births. A school shooting meant that Jr passed his ROTC class, not a murderous rampage. Long hair on men was unacceptable, no need for transexual/transgender diversity training. Short hair on women meant the perm went bad. The kids didn't beat the old lady next door to a pulp for her back pain medication, they helped her home with her groceries. There was usually one mom, one dad & the kids. None of this silly "Betty has 2 moms" or "Jerry's dad is now married to Larry".

Sure they had problems. They evil empire wanted to steal & eat our babies. Betty Sue's new bo was a, dare I say it, an EYE-talian. Those damned immigrants couldn't speak English worth a damn. Yes they tried, but it was so hard to understand them. Taxes were over 70%.

Read, enjoy, & for those of you with the cajones, frame it & present it to your wife as a thoughtful reminder. She'll thank you for it.

I have MS office but its uninstalled. It plays games with the computer because it tries to attach itself to every other application I have and then run off to play on the internet all by itself...I have one of those "...remember when..?" files somewhere. Was this something you wrote? :D

I'm good but writing such an amazing piece 8 years before I was born..not that good. ;)

Squiggy said:
I have MS office but its uninstalled. It plays games with the computer because it tries to attach itself to every other application I have and then run off to play on the internet all by itself...

:rofl4:

5 teeth brushers!!!

:brush: :brush: :brush: :brush: :brush:

Gonz said:
Longing for the heyday of an unrepentent past when men were men, children knew their place & women were housewives. Dinner was warm, the house was clean & sex was dirty (when done properly).

No need for fattening take out when you had stickin' to the ribs wholesome meals. Kids were bad when they lied about the "C" they got on the math test. Men earned the wages, maintained the yard & took out the trash. Women kept a neat & tidy house without being whining about the "supermom" syndrome because they were SuperMOM, daily.

Far fewer out of wedlock births. A school shooting meant that Jr passed his ROTC class, not a murderous rampage. Long hair on men was unacceptable, no need for transexual/transgender diversity training. Short hair on women meant the perm went bad. The kids didn't beat the old lady next door to a pulp for her back pain medication, they helped her home with her groceries. There was usually one mom, one dad & the kids. None of this silly "Betty has 2 moms" or "Jerry's dad is now married to Larry".

Sure they had problems. They evil empire wanted to steal & eat our babies. Betty Sue's new bo was a, dare I say it, an EYE-talian. Those damned immigrants couldn't speak English worth a damn. Yes they tried, but it was so hard to understand them. Taxes were over 70%.

Read, enjoy, & for those of you with the cajones, frame it & present it to your wife as a thoughtful reminder. She'll thank you for it.

That'll get ya castrated pretty fast!!!

I'm tempted to reply to this, but I think some of the women around here deserve their chance first :D

rrfield

Gonz said:

:elaugh1: :rofl3: :rofl2: :laugh3: :laugh2: :rofl4: :lol: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh5:

Gonz that's too funny :lol:

I have a way old Campell's Soup cookbook that recommends all those same things...I read it when I need a giggle :lol2:

Bungi said:
:lol2: That's not really from a magzine is it? and they spelt people wrong :p.

Yes, it was actually printed...I think it was reprinted sometime fairly recently from it's original printing way back when...my teacher read it to us in my OAC Canadian Families class for a laugh.

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind sitting around on my arse all day eating truffles, while the Man brought home the bacon. :p
it ain't exactly that leisurely....but i guess i still find the time to blow on OTC, huh?.....maybe i'm just that damn good....yeah...i like the sound of that. but in all seriousness, there is alot of housework involved in having a 4 person family...laundry etc...and of course the girls are very demanding...sometimes i think i might like to go back to work...so the grass in always greener on the other side...isn't it?....and where the hell are my truffles, anyway?

Gonz said:

Have you done such thing? :eek:

btw, cojones ;)

Wasn't this posted before? :confuse3:

I guess this is what happens when you get old, all you can do is look back at the "good times" and complain about today till there's no tomorrows left. :shrug: :D

tonks said:
but in all seriousness, there is alot of housework involved in having a 4 person family...laundry etc...and of course the girls are very demanding...sometimes i think i might like to go back to work...so the grass in always greener on the other side...isn't it?....and where the hell are my truffles, anyway?

Nonono, you misunderstand. I never said anything about kids and housework. I just want to cultivate an Oprah addiction and eat truffles. :lol:

greenfreak said:
Wasn't this posted before? :confuse3:

I guess this is what happens when you get old, all you can do is look back at the "good times" and complain about today till there's no tomorrows left. :shrug: :D

I'm older than Gonz is gf, but I realize society evovles and you can't back up (time in fact only running in the one direction). I watched most of the changes since that article (born in '56) and anyone who thinks life isn't better now than it was then has no idea what they're talking about.

chcr said:
I'm older than Gonz is gf, but I realize society evovles and you can't back up (time in fact only running in the one direction). I watched most of the changes since that article (born in '56) and anyone who thinks life isn't better now than it was then has no idea what they're talking about.

I was just poking fun at him, he sounds like such a crotchety old man when he talks like this. ;)

Luis G said:
Have you done such thing? :eek:

btw, cojones ;)

Yes I did, well, it wasn't framed. She happily passed it around to her sisters & they enjoyed it very much.

GF, there are plenty of tommorows left-most will be benign, some fabulous & some horrendous. I just thought I should share this bit of wisdom with my friends. It seems to have been forgotten.

CHCR-you old shit, don't tell me that some of yesterday wasn't better than today. I'll happily admit I like living today as opposed to the I like Ike years ;)

Back