Retarded people...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'm flipping between Foxnews, CNN, and MSNBC, and I'm seeing something I think is completely foolish. There is an evacuation order for Ft Myer's Beach, FL, and one side of the 6-lane highway is moving quite slowly (the side evacuating), but the other side has, maybe, 1/4 the cars heading into Ft Myers. What gives? I'm sure all those cars do not belong to scientists or meteorologists, so are those people retarded, criminal, or both? I'm confused...

Reporters, first responders, folks who had to go and get something they left behind (like a relative), who knows.

Snowbirds that are going 'oh shit!' and trying to hunker down to make sure that noone loots their 2 million dollar condos.

HomeLAN said:
Reporters, first responders, folks who had to go and get something they left behind (like a relative), who knows.

But this was, and is, a mandatory evacuation...and it's not only cars. There were quite a few big rigs headed in that direction...and I'm sure FEMA didn't ask for the ones with 'Wal-Mart' printed on the side...

New Orleans was a mandatory evac as well... but I seem to remember 10 days of boat and helicopter evacs of thousands that didn't comply. To most, mandatory isnt mandatory until someone with a badge sticks a gun in your face.

unclehobart said:
New Orleans was a mandatory evac as well... but I seem to remember 10 days of boat and helicopter evacs of thousands that didn't comply. To most, mandatory isnt mandatory until someone with a badge sticks a gun in your face.

However...those folks in NO were already there. Nobody was allowed to drive in except for emergency vehicles and FEMA trucks...

Gato_Solo said:
1/4 the cars heading into Ft Myers. What gives?

That's the Weather Channel/FoxNews/PMSNBC etc replacement crews (in case the No1 crews get blown away)

I just watched people coming back to TO from their honeymoon in Cancun. Moaning and crying about the horrific experience they had.

We all knew it was coming...so...WTF did they go there for?! :tardbang:

as an example...

My nephew & his fiance went there (Cancun) & got married this past summer. His mother & her husband had to find time & money to join them. Her folks, and several other relatives, had to do the same. It would have been a serious financial burden if one of the 'canes came thru at that time.

However, if one was on the way, they wouldn't have gone.

Back