ripped off car buy

weeboll

arse, i've just bought the car of my
sorry, just had to get that off my chest!dreams - a mazda mx5 second hand, had it one evening and the water pump fell apart

:gutted:

now got to foot the repair bill on top of buying it becuase the git who sold it to me was a dishonest w****r

and to top it all off, the first time i posted this it crapped out..

That's why you should always have any car you buy inspected. I totally freaked out a salesman at a dealership when I wanted to have the brand spanking new car checked out at an inspection center. Did it anyways. They caught a loose ground wire. Dealership paid for the inspection and repair before I bought.

Professur said:
That's why you should always have any car you buy inspected. I totally freaked out a salesman at a dealership when I wanted to have the brand spanking new car checked out at an inspection center. Did it anyways. They caught a loose ground wire. Dealership paid for the inspection and repair before I bought.

yeah i don't think it would have been spotted, i did a pretty thorough check myself and i'm reasonably car mechanics literate, it was a cover up job for sure

still should be fixed by monday :fingerscrossed:

surely a new car comes with a warrenty?

Professur said:
Was that the Trans Sport? With GM vehicles, it's a REALLY good idea to have brand new ones inspected.

weeboll said:
surely a new car comes with a warrenty?

Yeah, but what if whatever is wrong is something that could cause you to crash and harm yourself and those in your car? Wouldn't wanna wait for it to break and let warranty cover it in that case, you wanna know ahead of time...

And know who the warranty is going through, if you do get one. My friend and I were in Arkansas two Sundays ago and his transmission went out on his 2001 Cougar. His extended warranty ended up being through a secondary insurance company, not through the manufacturer. They had to tear down the tranny and fly someone from the insurance/warranty company to inspect it to make sure he did all recommended scheduled maintenence *and* that the damage wasnt a result of misuse/abuse. The car is still in parts in a Ford garage down there waiting on the warranty people to show up.

buying a used car, with the exception of some dealerships [like network q for example] doesn't come with a warranty to my knowledge.

Most used cars here are sold "as-is/no warranty," as well. Although, some late-model used cars are sold as "certified used cars" at the new-car dealers, and go through "117-point inspections" (are the spark plugs one point or four or six separate ones?) and have a warranty--although the factory warranty is usually still in effect, at least for the powertrain.

Inky, t'was the first Mirage.

And, at least up here, many used car dealers offer a warrranty from an insurance company. It's about $100 for 3 months of drivetrain warranty, and you can re-up for as long as you like. I like to get it for the first three months. After that, I'll take my chances.

Back