Road to perdition

Just rented it.

Worth getting for the shots alone - cinematography is astounding!

I had high hopes and I think that spoilt it a bit. Perhaps not as involving as it could have been - Hanks overdid the "detatched" father routine a bit and the believability of his son's character is questionable, IMO - could have come across as being a little more fragile/vulnerable. Thought it was pretty good overall though - the final scenes are breathtaking.

Definitely worth seeing. :)

MuFu.

I concur with MuFu. I also rented it primarily for Tom Hanks. I love that he's played so many different characters and he pulls it off.

I saw it myself just a couple weeks ago. Definitely a good movie. Lot of twists in it you wouldn't expect. Hanks is a genious. Just watched Forest Gump again last weekend, I think that makes 10 or 11 times I've seen it and it's still good.

We rented it last weekend....I liked it. Especially the part where they had the aerial shot of the car traveling down the gravel road (on their way to Chicago) and my friend was like "woah, their car is overheating!" :rofl: :rofl:

Squiggs...I loved Insomnia. I rented One Hour Photo a few weeks ago and I'm still not sure what to think of it. Very interesting camera effects, but I didn't quite understand the ending. I might have missed something near the beginning though...will have to rent it again sometime.

I bought the DVD - it's a great movie ... the cinematography is fabulous and the score is great as well (I also have the soundtrack) ... the storyline is really good, but I have to admit ... if it weren't for Tom Hanks and Paul Newman, I wouldn't have bothered to watch the movie ..nor do I think it would be as good...

PuterTutor said:
Just watched Forest Gump again last weekend, I think that makes 10 or 11 times I've seen it and it's still good.

My all time favorite movie. I bought it on video when it came out and watched it at least once a week, sometimes twice. Then I just bought the DVD when it came out because it had special features. :)

Mirlyn said:
Squiggs...I loved Insomnia. I rented One Hour Photo a few weeks ago and I'm still not sure what to think of it. Very interesting camera effects, but I didn't quite understand the ending. I might have missed something near the beginning though...will have to rent it again sometime.

Robin Williams is one of those actors that if he's in it, chances are I'll see the movie whether I like the story line or not.

Did you notice in One Hour Photo, that most of the scenes were in primary colors? I thought that was awesome. It really gives you a feeling for the mood.

The ending, well, I can't tell you without ruining it for anyone who didn't see it. Want me to PM you?

greenfreak said:
Mirlyn said:

Robin Williams is one of those actors that if he's in it, chances are I'll see the movie whether I like the story line or not.

Did you notice in One Hour Photo, that most of the scenes were in primary colors? I thought that was awesome. It really gives you a feeling for the mood.

The ending, well, I can't tell you without ruining it for anyone who didn't see it. Want me to PM you?

Sure :)

I did notice the colors thing...but I was watching it on my friends' projection TV. His isn't color-tuned well at all. :D

It was good. When i saw it for some reason i thought it was a steven spielberg film so my expectations were rather high and i was let down somewhat. Worth renting but not groundbreaking in any way imo.

Back