Rummy's War

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Not enough troops. Not enough armor. He fires anyone opposing the political side of this unjust war (Tommy retired happily after telling us he didn't need more men). On & on it goes.

A reminder of the last 12 years & the cost of ther "Peace Dividend"...

Between 1992 and 2000, the Clinton Administration cut national defense by more than half a million personnel and $50 billion in inflation-adjusted dollars. The Army alone has lost four active divisions and two Reserve divisions. Because of such cuts, the Army has lost more than 205,000 soldiers, or 30 percent of its staff, although its missions have increased significantly throughout the 1990s.

In 1992, the U.S. Air Force consisted of 57 tactical squadrons and 270 bombers. Today the Air Force has 52 squadrons and 178 bombers. The total number of active personnel has decreased by nearly 30 percent. In the Navy, the total number of ships has decreased significantly as well. In 1992, there were around 393 ships in the fleet, while today there are only 316, a decrease of 20 percent. The number of Navy personnel has fallen by over 30 percent.

In 1992, the Marine Corps consisted of three divisions. The Corps still has three divisions, but since 1992, it has lost 22,000 active duty personnel, or 11 percent of its total. The Clinton Administration also cut the Marine Corps to 39,000 reserve personnel from 42,300 in 1992.

The Facts about Military Readiness September 15, 2000 The Heritage Foundation.

Where was Rumsfeld? It has to be his fault :rolleyes:

The problem with Rumsfeld is that he's a black and white thinker. He looks at the death/casualty toll proportionately and if it's below a certain ratio he sees a succesfull campaign. The fact that we are fighting these battles in the city and keeping a casualty ratio proportionately close to that of Vietnam (2,000,000 dead to our 50,000) is outstanding in his view. After all we're doing this without napalming/bombing huge areas, rather it's 90% tactical pinpoint warfare. All this on a small budget and few men. He believes that the most efficiant force on the planet can defeat any moderately skilled army ten times its size. What this concept does not take into account is the determination of the enemy.

I wonder how many insurgents/terrorists per day we are killing in Iraq?
I wonder how many insurgents/terrorists per day are traveling from Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Egypt & Sudan, just to name a few, to fight us?

ResearchMonkey said:
yeah, that informed type of eduacted decision making is so over rated.

Yeah i know. That kind of superficiality can wear pretty thin.

I always find it humorous when someone spells educated or intelligent incorrectly. :D

actuuuuaLi I doont haav dislexeeeA, I wuz j/k Ha-Ha-Ha LOL, I always find it humorous when someone corrects mee grammAr n spell'n when the simplistic accidental letter swap is too much for one to handle, '....specially when the offended person writes their name like a HaXoR HeXp£Øi± :confbang: LMAO

Winky said:
I R OCPD bye choice
do that count?

We just returned from shopping,
picked up the following book:Eats, Shoots & Leaves
/me clicks the link

That book should be required reading! I've done some copy editing in the past, and the complete lack of grasp of basic punctuation concepts some people have made me wonder if I'd picked the wrong week to quit taking amphetamines.

Steve McCroskey: Jacobs, I want to know absolutely everything that's happened up till now.

Jacobs: Well, let's see. First the earth cooled.
And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil.
And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes.
And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

Back