Sandy has a new job

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So much for centrist.

Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor is the new chancellor of the College of William & Mary, which has taken the unusual step of removing a cross from its chapel in an effort to ensure the area is seen as a "non-denominational area."

"In order to make the Wren Chapel less of a faith-specific space, and to make it more welcoming to students, faculty, staff and visitors of all faiths, the cross has been removed from the altar area," administrator Melissa Engimann announced in an email to the staff of the Williamsburg, Va., institution.
WND

Maybe we can get Janet Reno to oversee St Pauls Cathedral. They have several crosses to remove.

Conservatives are religious and Liberals aren't? Nope.

"in an effort to ensure the area is seen as a "non-denominational area."

That's not anti-religious, maybe more non-denominational.

Though the college is now nondenominational and became publicly supported in 1906

Seems they should have done this a 100 years ago.

Another thing that libs and cons have in common, the need to be mortally offended by shit that doesn't have anything to do with them. Another fine example of no significant difference outside of rhetoric.

Gonz, did you go to William and Mary?
Ever donated anything to them?
Ever even been there?
Even know where it is without Googling it?
Don't you suppose there was a discussion among staff, students and alumni?
This is a decision they came to, WTF does it have to do with you or WND.

Oh, sorry, I know what it has to do with WND, they're trying to promote the christian theocracy that conservatives claim they don't want.

Gonz, did you go to William and Mary?
Ever donated anything to them?
Ever even been there?
Even know where it is without Googling it?
Don't you suppose there was a discussion among staff, students and alumni?
This is a decision they came to, WTF does it have to do with you or WND.

No
No
No
Yes
Staff-yes. Then an announcement to students & alumni.

Of course, you missed the picture I was presenting in your rush to denounce anyone, in any way, defending a tradition of religion.

It's a CATHEDRAL...designed by a man who designed it to be christian religious temple. Hence, my reference to St Pauls.

Go ahead...keep blindly hating anything religious & being threatened by that which you have no belief.

Of course, you could see the bigger picture...one that shows the former Justice in a whole new light.

No
No
No
Yes
Staff-yes. Then an announcement to students & alumni.

Of course, you missed the picture I was presenting in your rush to denounce anyone, in any way, defending a tradition of religion.

It's a CATHEDRAL...designed by a man who designed it to be christian religious temple. Hence, my reference to St Pauls.

Go ahead...keep blindly hating anything religious & being threatened by that which you have no belief.

Of course, you could see the bigger picture...one that shows the former Justice in a whole new light.

So, you're offended on their behalf then. How... nice.

Y'know, I don't hate everything with religious connotations no matter how much you want me to. I'm indifferent. A friend of mine lives in what used to be a church. When they built a new one, the old one was converted to apartments. They took all the religious symbolism down. Isn't that horrifying?

I wasn't in a rush to "rush to denounce anyone, in any way, defending a tradition of religion." I was in a rush to denounce yet another self-righteous, chest-thumping tirade about a subject that someone once again had to search for so they could find something to be mortally offended by. Bet you a dollar that I'm not the only one sick of it from both sides.

I always figured that Sandy O' should have become a madame after the high court... god knows everyone associated with local and national goverment in DC needs to get desperately laid.

I'd have to convert to mormonism...

Sorry, but I don't think so.

Modern Mormon's are not supposed to be involved in polygamy. Islam, however, allows you as many wives as your station in life can support...Most only stick to one wife, though. Something to do with toilet seats. :shrug:

Back