Saturday was interesting

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
We did about 20 cross-country kilimeters on a group of jeeps. Amazing what these things can do, needless to say we were the newbies around, but there were some really experienced people. A total of 8 hours of what to call it.......adrenaline and fear :D :headbang:

A couple pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That bottom picture's pretty scary. Just a little earthquake and the ground could give a bit under that left front tire, then *boom* that other tire lands on you and gets your shirt muddy.

That is true, do you know how hard it is to get mud (never mind that that stuff looks like it has a high clay content... especially if it's anything like out here) out of a white shirt??

A.B.Normal said:
The white shirt gave you away. :D

Ohh well, I knew I was going to get dirty, that's why I wore clothes I don't use anymore :D

Right before we started the excursion, it was rainy, so several parts were extremely muddy, the jeep would not brake even at 5km/h, and on some parts we were kinda stuck and in need of the expert's help to know how to get the vehicle out of the hole.

Yesterday I had little back and neck pain, people that do this occasionally must have a really athletic back :eek:

Looks like you had a great time. I agree about the bottom picture, that's probably not something I would do! I have been off-roading in an older jeep like that on a dry creek bed down a mountain. Unfortunately, I wasn't the one driving, and it was more scary than it was exhilirating.

Good think you had other people around to help you out too, wouldn't it suck to have to walk back and get a winch? :D

Gato_Solo said:
I stand, err, sit, corrected. My humble apologies to all concerned. :blush:

lol, don't be embarressed cause I am frigging sherlock holmes, and have no life, cause I am sitting here inthe dark with nothing to do but figureout if there is a way to tell if it is the same jeep or not

All jeeps there had a winch anyway :D

edit: ok, not all of them, but most.

Destiny: Rain and mountains. Fortunately, the rain didn't last too much (an hour or so), and it left everything extremely muddy.
attachment.php

Before we started the tour I was advised to keep my arms and hands inside the vehicle, when I asked why they told me "because the jeep might end up upside down", all i could think of was i'm shitting my pants, it's time to go home.
attachment.php

I guess I wasn't shitting my pants anymore!!! Was I having some fun??
attachment.php

Too bad we didn't end up rolling :D

Not really. I've had a crack heading up my windshield, right between the lines of sight of my two eyes, for more than a year now and I haven't died yet.

are you 4x4ing in it where you would be likely to be ditching/rolling/warping the frame/having branches go through it? :p

Back