Say it ain't so!

Winky

You may find that you’ve come to an unusual place in your life when you reflect on a recent conversation during a grocery store trip with your nineteen year old Son that included the merits of Williams and Sonoma and the vagaries of one vs. two ply TP!!!

Oddly enough I just purchased those ice cream sandwich molds for the back to school brownie scout party....

Face it winky...you raised a mass consumerism Madison Avenue driven yuppie sheep. I bet he pays $12 a pair for socks too.

You may find that you’ve come to an unusual place in your life when you reflect on a recent conversation during a grocery store trip with your nineteen year old Son that included the merits of Williams and Sonoma and the vagaries of one vs. two ply TP!!!

obviously the influence of females. the TP conversation makes that obvious. soon you'll notice that he actually puts the toilet seat down when he's done pissing.

As long as he doesn't volunteer to sleep in the wet spot, don't worry about it.

I buy wool hiking socks from time to time. They go for up to $20 a pair, but I generally wait until I catch a sale and find 'em for $8 or so. Otherwise, gimme them K-Mart specials.

I buy wool hiking socks from time to time. They go for up to $20 a pair, but I generally wait until I catch a sale and find 'em for $8 or so. Otherwise, gimme them K-Mart specials.

If you wait til summer, they practically give those socks away...:p

The stuff is less than half the price of attic insulation... perhaps I should buy about 400 bags and scatter them all over. It might raise the R value of the house by about 15 points.

If you wait til summer, they practically give those socks away...:p

You gotta wait til after the primary hiking season. Trust me, I check. Them things are life savers out in the woods though. I've yet to develop blister one when wearing them regardless of other variables.

really? i always end up blaming the shoes. for other people's blister misery, that is. i don't mess around with shoes on a hike...

I don't recall the last time I wore socks....probably the last time I wore my boots- so last winter.

really? i always end up blaming the shoes. for other people's blister misery, that is. i don't mess around with shoes on a hike...

Both can cause them. Ill fitting shoes will do it every time. But inadequate socks are just as bad.

Have we really been talking about socks this long?

Back