molṑn labé
Staff member
:crying4:

Raiders to release Tim Brown

By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
August 4, 2004

AP - Aug 3, 8:00 pm EDT
More Photos

NAPA, Calif. (AP) -- Tim Brown wants fans and teammates to remember him as the best receiver in Raiders history -- and not as an over-the-hill veteran who overstayed his welcome.

Unwilling to accept a sharply reduced role in Oakland's offense, Brown will be released by the Raiders on Thursday after 16 seasons. The 38-year-old receiver agreed with owner Al Davis' decision to part ways with the last former member of the Los Angeles Raiders and the longest-tenured player in franchise history.

With Jerry Rice and Fred Biletnikoff looking on, Davis announced his intentions in a news conference with a dry-eyed Brown on Wednesday at the Raiders' training camp headquarters. Brown still hopes to play this season, but unless Oakland has a catastrophic series of injuries, it won't be in front of the Raider Nation.

Jerry should have gone first.

This really sucks for longtime Raiders fans. Will Oakland be any good this year? I kinda think Gannon has hit the wall, probably Rice too...who do they have a RB these days? Pothead Williams is still a year away...

Ha ha. Raiders suck.

Sorry, that was probably a low blow. But come on. You took Gannon.

I remember when Gannon was a 3rd stringer in Minnesota behind Tommy Kramer and Wade Wilson. He later split time with Sean Salisbury. I never thought he would end up being as good as he was. Too bad it came with the Chiefs and the Raiders and not the Vikes though...

PuterTutor said:
Ha ha. Raiders suck.

Sorry, that was probably a low blow. But come on. You took Gannon.

The Chiefs have done what in the last (fill in decades here)? :D

Gonz said:
The Chiefs have done what in the last (fill in decades here)? :D
Lose? Gave away thier best players? Ok, ok, Chiefs suck too. :disgust2:

god if i had played pro ball i could have retired 2 years ago. talk about wrong career move.

*raises hand*

How about Duh Bears? :D

[Bears Rant]We might be the worst team in the NFL this year. Who on our team can possibly score? The kicker and punter can't score touchdowns, and neither can a rookie RB, second year QB and a very thin receiving corps, now led by David Terrell who's struggled his whole career to even be a starter on a bad team.[/Bears Rant]

Back