say what?

kuulani

not that i'm an expert on the subject or anything ...

last night we were having sundaes as part of our last-dinner-with-rob night. and because mr-allergic-to-everything has me wondering how bad Cool Whip is for him, i started reading the label, and the very last item mentioned in the ingredients was BETA CAROTINE (COLOR). :alienhuh:

my first thought was, "beta carotine is added for color?" wouldn't that be orange? and why do they need to add color to cool whip? :lloyd:

who the hell cares!!! do you know what this says to me?
COOL WHIP HAS VITAMIN K!!!!!!!!!!
rock on!!!!!!!!

btw...i suppose mr. pickyplumbing couldn't eat it?

kuulani said:
not that i'm an expert on the subject or anything ...

last night we were having sundaes as part of our last-dinner-with-rob night. and because mr-allergic-to-everything has me wondering how bad Cool Whip is for him, i started reading the label, and the very last item mentioned in the ingredients was BETA CAROTINE (COLOR). :alienhuh:

my first thought was, "beta carotine is added for color?" wouldn't that be orange? and why do they need to add color to cool whip? :lloyd:
ok now how the HELL is he allergic to Cool-Whip?! :alienhuh:

and could betacarotine be white? cool whip is kind of an unnatural colour :alienhuh:

tonks said:

Mr pickyplumbing?? :lol2:

*makes mental note to use that on the kids when they turn their nose up at grub*

tonks said:
who the hell cares!!! do you know what this says to me?
COOL WHIP HAS VITAMIN K!!!!!!!!!!
rock on!!!!!!!!

umm...not to be nit-picky but the body converts it to vitamin A.

I personally will not use cool whip. Whipped cream, the kind you make yourself with the old KitchenAid mixer. It isn't hard to make, it's natural, it doesn't have beta-carotine...

chcr said:
I personally will not use cool whip. Whipped cream, the kind you make yourself with the old KitchenAid mixer. It isn't hard to make, it's natural, it doesn't have beta-carotine...

Hear! Hear! :clap: Not only everything he said, but it tastes INFINITELY better.....

But I save my Kitchen Aid for other tasks.... I use a manual beater that looks something like this one, only a lot older :D
GT-3021thumb.jpg

He would be allergic to Cool Whip if it has anything corn or soy in it... like corn syrup, which is commonly used instead of regular sugar.

Inkara1 said:
He would be allergic to Cool Whip if it has anything corn or soy in it... like corn syrup, which is commonly used instead of regular sugar.
well..i happen to have a tub of cool whip right here and the second ingredient is corn syrup...so....then they put in more corn syrup (ingredient #4)...guess no cool whip for rob. :( poor boy.

Back