school buses

Dave

today while running errands, i was caught in the 3pm school bus stampede. one of the local school districts is selling ad space on the sides of the buses. is this something new? i'm hardly ever out on the road around the time school lets out, so this is the first time i've seen this.

I haven't seen it before, but I think it's a wonderful idea. Especially given the school budgets of late.

It's the first I've heard of ads on school buses, although I've been seeing them on city buses for years. Some of the buses in Fresno are 99 percent (everything but the windshield) covered on the exterior with an ad... for example, "dirt" with the words "wash me" in it as an ad for Red Carpet Car Wash. Albert Ramirez Bail Bonds, "directly across from the jail," is another large ad space buyer.

I'd rather nothing distracted people from the big yellow thing that they're supposed to be paying attention to. There's a reason they're painted that way, and it's not for esthetics.

A school bus selling ads? Now I've never seen a bus sell ads, only on t.v.^_^; It's true, ppl do learn something new everyday...

Basically all city buses here in Sweden have ads, but i have yet to see a school bus with an ad on it.

Haven't seen it on school buses here yet, but I'm sure I will. The City of Atlanta never met a revenue source it didn't like.

None of the school buses here have ads, but all the city buses do. My favorite one here is the bus disguised as a milk carton.

Professur said:
I'd rather nothing distracted people from the big yellow thing that they're supposed to be paying attention to. There's a reason they're painted that way, and it's not for esthetics.

yep

Back