Sent back to the stone age

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I am at work right now. Everysince I have had my own desk I have had a laptop with a P3 450mHZ and 256 mB of RAM. Well, a little while ago the cute computer guy (I mentioned him in my "Story Time" thread) comes by and says he needs to switch my laptop for awhile because my laptop has "a bit" more RAM and they need it for whatever they're doing. So, I move and let him switch them, then he turns it on and it takes FOREVER to load. So, after he leaves I go in and find out how fast this thing is. Well, it has 64mB of RAM! :eek: That is more than "a bit" less RAM! Then I decide to restart and go into the BIOS to find out the speed of the processor. While I am sitting waiting for it to load I am thinking "If it is a 266 I am gonna cry!" Well, it's worse! It's a 233! :( This is nuts! When he comes to switch them back I am going to tell him that "a bit" less RAM in comparison to 256 is 128 at the least! DEFINATELY NOT 64! I don't think he thinks I know much about computers so he will prolly be surprised when he realizes I know how to find out how much RAM a machine has and also the processor speed. :headbang:

I hope he comes back soon so I can have my machine back but also for another reason :licklips:

Prof: It's not a big deal for excel, lotus, word, internet, etc. but I have to run a terminal emulator, I do most of my work in that and it's hella slow on this machine! Not to mention that it crashes if I leave for 5 min and the LAN cable has to be on an angle because it falls out otherwise so I can't even move the stupid thing so I can sit more comfortabley!

Also, I have been robbed which makes it even worse! When he brings my machine back I am NEVER giving it up again (unless they're giving me a fatser machine for it)!

Back