Sergeant in Trouble for Playboy Spread

spike

SAN ANTONIO -- An Air Force staff sergeant who posed nude for Playboy magazine has been relieved of her duties while the military investigates, officials said Thursday.

In February's issue, hitting newsstands this week, Michelle Manhart is photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline "Tough Love." The following pages show her partially clothed, wearing her dog tags while working out, as well as completely nude.

"This staff sergeant's alleged action does not meet the high standards we expect of our airmen, nor does it comply with the Air Force's core values of integrity, service before self, and excellence in all we do," Oscar Balladares, spokesman for Lackland Air Force Base, said in a statement.

Manhart told Playboy that she considers herself as standing up for her rights.

"Of what I did, nothing is wrong, so I didn't anticipate anything, of course," Manhart, 30, told The Associated Press. "I didn't do anything wrong, so I didn't think it would be a major issue."

Manhart, who is married with two children, joined the Air Force in 1994, spending time in Kuwait in 2002. She trains airmen at Lackland.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ats-ap_us12jan12,0,3827883.story?coll=ny-leadnationalnews-headlines

I don't know where she gets off by saying that she did nothing wrong. Its been 'preached' to me since basic training not to do such things while in the Air Force...It can also fall under 'prejudicial to good order and discipline' if some folks who work for her get ahold of those photos...and, believe me, they will...

At what point did this silly woman think this might be okay. And while I'm thinking about it, how did someone that stupid get to be staff sergeant.

She could have gotten away with posing in her uniform upon discharge...she could have gotten away with posing out of uniform and not mentioning her military ties...she was stupid, alright.

At what point did this silly woman think this might be okay. And while I'm thinking about it, how did someone that stupid get to be staff sergeant.

Passing the WAPS test...which depends upon your knowledge of your job and your general military knowledge. Plus...given her age and time in service...I'm assuming she was part of the "great Staff giveaway" in the late 1990's. The points needed for Staff when I got it were between 190 and 250. During the 90's, when they wanted retention above all else, the points dropped to around 130. The max number of points for testing is 200. The rest of the points come from time in grade, time in service, and decorations.

And while I'm thinking about it, how did someone that stupid get to be staff sergeant.

Military intelligence ;)

I don't know where she gets off by saying that she did nothing wrong. Its been 'preached' to me since basic training not to do such things while in the Air Force...It can also fall under 'prejudicial to good order and discipline' if some folks who work for her get ahold of those photos...and, believe me, they will...

when I read the story, I sided with her initially. Since you posted this I have to say that I will side with the AF.

Passing the WAPS test...which depends upon your knowledge of your job and your general military knowledge. Plus...given her age and time in service...I'm assuming she was part of the "great Staff giveaway" in the late 1990's. The points needed for Staff when I got it were between 190 and 250. During the 90's, when they wanted retention above all else, the points dropped to around 130. The max number of points for testing is 200. The rest of the points come from time in grade, time in service, and decorations.

My son's a sergeant. I guess I shoulda known it wasn't too hard (just kidding).

He really cracks me up when he complains about the "damned idiot kids" he has to work with though. :D

There have been two prior incidents of military women posing for Playboy. Both were given speedy discharges... one of them actually honorable. Perhaps that is her crafty plan. She might have signed up for a fourth term for whatever reason and has now changed her mind. This might be a crafty way to get outta Dodge and go Hollywood-ish.

Nixy might take offense to you using her smilie...here, use mine
castiron.gif

Some of us here at home have the same level of the utmost support, and respect,
as was here on 9/11. (some before)
I'd like to take this opportunity to reaffirm my thankfulness to all the troops.

There, may be Some incidents like this from time to time, but it ought not
to diminish respect for the others, that are pouring out "heart and soul" for
us. (now, and past)

I say relieve her...discharge, and lets move on.

How 'bout lets show some MAJOR support now in this trying time.:beardbng:

Back