Show us your hi-fi

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Happier. Now drop that dust cover when you play an LP. It protects the vinyl and affects the sound. You know better anyway.

Inkara1

LP is fine... an album can also be on a cassette, CD or 8-track. If you have "We Sold Our Soul for Rock and Roll" on CD, since I have it on vinyl, we both have that album, despite the difference in media.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
My first receiver was a Kenwood KR-V-85R...It was mated with an Onkyo RX1500 CD player, and a pair of Bose 310 Series II speakers...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Bose : Bought Overpriced Stereo Equipment

Their speakers, while compact, have the flattest sound I know of among the high-end manufacturers, and even most of the mid-priced stuff can be tuned to sound fuller. At least to my ear. I'm uberpicky. I know what I want it to sound like and won't accept less. I got what I wanted for around 15-20% of what a Bose system would have run me.

Now, Boston Acoustic...:beardbng: :fap: Best sounding speakers I've ever had the priviledge of listening to. And IIRC, Bose bought 'em out a few years back. Bastards.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

Their speakers, while compact, have the flattest sound I know of among the high-end manufacturers, and even most of the mid-priced stuff can be tuned to sound fuller. At least to my ear. I'm uberpicky. I know what I want it to sound like and won't accept less. I got what I wanted for around 15-20% of what a Bose system would have run me.

Now, Boston Acoustic...:beardbng: :fap: Best sounding speakers I've ever had the priviledge of listening to. And IIRC, Bose bought 'em out a few years back. Bastards.

Depends upon the series and/or model. If you bought acoustamass, you bought crap, regardless of series. The 301's I had were bookshelf...because I lived in the barracks and had no room for anything larger. I bought the 301's because I liked the sound. At the time, there was nothing better out there that compared...and I'm including Klipsch in that. Mine had 8" woofers, and two 3"tweeters in 'phased array'. They sounded great in my small space. The year I bought them was 1990. Their stuff now I wouldn't buy to make birdhouses with, but thats just me...

Inkara1

One thing that people seem to notice is that Bose will make an actual decent quality speaker system and introduce it as series I... then Series II is a little more cheaply made... Series III a bit more so, and so on. The 301 is still in production, I believe, but would be cheap pieces of shit (quality-wise) compared to the Series II speakers Gato has, while costing no less to buy.

As the saying goes... no highs, no lows, must be Bose.

Altron

Hmm... I never thought I'd hear you approve of anything even distantly related to Boston

Inkara1

Well, he had more than a feeling about it... so he told himself, "don't hold back"... those speakers are smokin'.