Sick

FluerVanderloo

I've got this wretched cold topped by a fever and aches (from walking around DC all day yesterday). Anyone else feeling under the weather?

Yup. I've been battling the flu for over a week now. Missed four days of work over it. :rolleyes:

Hope you feel better soon.

It's that time of year. Literally everyone in my immediate vicinity on the subway this morning was coughing or sneezing. It sucks, because no matter what you do or who you are, you can't get away from other (sick) people in this city. :disgust:

*sprays lysol everywhere in this thread
Get better soon you girls...and Chic? Just blame it on the dog ;)

I feel all left out because I am healthy & fit :mope:

Ooh...no wait...incorrect response....the right will follow shortly

:p

abooja said:
It's that time of year. Literally everyone in my immediate vicinity on the subway this morning was coughing or sneezing. It sucks, because no matter what you do or who you are, you can't get away from other (sick) people in this city. :disgust:
Makes one wish we were a little more Japanese polite and wore the dusk masks when sick to keep the greater population healthy.

Actually, they're damn little use. The pores are too large. You need to ask at the pharmacy counter for the medical quality masks (I'll look up the 3M number in a bit). They cost about $4 each. All the 10 for a buck masks do is insure you're sucking back your own co2 all day.

What about the ones the Vietnamese ladies wear when they do your nails? Those little acrylicy bits are very small, bigger than a germ mind you, their masks must keep those out.

Dunno, I've never had my nails done by a Vietnamese lady. I'll let you know when I do. Probably they're no more use than the Home Depot specials, but a few might be more informed and be getting in the good ones.

My thought is that even a more simplistic mask cuts down on the distance such viroligy travels after a cough or sneeze. No mask at all means a 15-20 foot cone of viral vapor in front of the sick person. A mask is a bit of a brake and cuts the cone back to a few feet.

The best thing of all is it is a sign to others : 'keep back a bit... I'm infective'.

I'm fighting a sinus infection. I thought I'd meander down to Florida and burn the sucker out on the beach.

I began the new year with the flu and a migraine that lasted a week. So far so good though, I've been sick free for a week.

Masks aren't a bad idea, if only everyone would be forced to wear them. I've seen them worn on occasion. Every time, it was an Asian person wearing the mask. Smart people.

Of course, these days, mass mask wearing will make it even easier for terrorists to hide out amongst the general population. As it is, most days, one can carry plutonium onto the subway undetected. Slap a mask on a suicide bomber, and he's indistinguishable from the rest of us slugs. Then again, he's already indistinguishable from the rest of us because he's one (or many) of us.

I think the fever is back...

Back