Sigur Ros

Sharky

OK, here I am sitting at my desk, when a song comes on the iTunes player (on radioparadise.com, in the Alt/Modern Rock category) and it's the most relaxing, trippy music. The name of the band (artist?) was Sigur Ros, and the song was "Svefn g-englar" (that's exactly how it read on the iTunes window).

Are you familiar with this band (artist?)? I've seen the name before in Rolling Stone magazine, but I've never heard their music before. I really liked that song, but before I buy the CD I was wondering if the rest of their songs are as good as that one. :swing:

Sharky said:
OK, here I am sitting at my desk, when a song comes on the iTunes player (on radioparadise.com, in the Alt/Modern Rock category) and it's the most relaxing, trippy music. The name of the band (artist?) was Sigur Ros, and the song was "Svefn g-englar" (that's exactly how it read on the iTunes window).

Are you familiar with this band (artist?)? I've seen the name before in Rolling Stone magazine, but I've never heard their music before. I really liked that song, but before I buy the CD I was wondering if the rest of their songs are as good as that one. :swing:

i have 2 of their albums and think they are well worth the listen. a friend at work pointed them out when she saw my massive attack and portishead CD's. all their songs have that mellow, trippy feel to them.
IIRC, they are an iclandic group.

Spot said:
i have 2 of their albums and think they are well worth the listen. a friend at work pointed them out when she saw my massive attack and portishead CD's. all their songs have that mellow, trippy feel to them.
IIRC, they are an iclandic group.

That's what I was wondering - if all of their music has the same style, that spacey, trippy feel. Me likey! I'm listening to them right now from the site AlphaTroll linked. They do sound like Portishead or Mazzy Star.

Thanks, AlphaTroll and Spot! :) :)

Pleasure Sharky :)

BTW Spot, I also love Mazzy Star - got started on "Fade into You" and just loved 'em since.

Love them :D (and Massive Attack too)

Was listening to the Black Eyed Man cd on the weekend - haven't done that in a while, felt good to just lie back & enjoy the music :D

I just remembered where I've heard of them before. The Sun Herald (newspaper in Aus) had a section called 'Worst 10 Albums of 2002' and there newest album was #1 :p

But, of course it's purely opinion (I didn't agree with most of his choices either) and if you like 'em, listen to 'em :)

Bungi said:
I just remembered where I've heard of them before. The Sun Herald (newspaper in Aus) had a section called 'Worst 10 Albums of 2002' and there newest album was #1 :p

But, of course it's purely opinion (I didn't agree with most of his choices either) and if you like 'em, listen to 'em :)

Hehe. Yeah, I can see how they might not be appealing to a LOT of people. :D

Sort of like stinky cheese. :lloyd:

Sharky said:
Hehe. Yeah, I can see how they might not be appealing to a LOT of people. :D

Sort of like stinky cheese. :lloyd:

Well, unlike stinky cheese listening to your band doesn't give you breathe that could clean drains.

Back