Sinus Headaches

I HATE those! Did you try some Alka Seltzer Cold gel tablets? I swear by them. They make you sleepy though so I would take them at night and see if they feel better.

Other than that, if you can't go night night, can you breath in some hot water mixed with a bit of Vicks? Sometimes that will loosen things enough to get rid of the headache and you can take Tylenol at the same time.

Much luck to you.

Professur said:
Be careful of Vicks. That's been found to have some nasty sideeffects.

Really? I've never put in on my skin but have mixed a little bit of it with hot waterand breathed in the steam.

What kind of side effects?

I believe it was heart palpitations and elevated blood pressure. I'll look about and see if i can find the article.

Professur said:
Be careful of Vicks. That's been found to have some nasty sideeffects.
i think that was the vicks inhalers which are off the market here....which reminds me, i'm out of those nice canadian cough drops with the codeine.

Professur said:
I believe it was heart palpitations and elevated blood pressure. I'll look about and see if i can find the article.

I had never heard that. Wow. When I think about it, I think that they took the inhalers of the market here too. I wonder if the gooey stuff is the same way.

That would be really cool if you could find that article. I would hate to put :angel:Alexandria:angel: at risk by using the gooey stuff and the water method I like so much.

PrincessLissa said:
I had never heard that. Wow. When I think about it, I think that they took the inhalers of the market here too. I wonder if the gooey stuff is the same way.

That would be really cool if you could find that article. I would hate to put :angel:Alexandria:angel: at risk by using the gooey stuff and the water method I like so much.
well...people have been putting the rub on babies for generations...i'd be surprised if it was harmful....unless it reacted with another medication or something.

tonksy said:
well...people have been putting the rub on babies for generations...i'd be surprised if it was harmful....unless it reacted with another medication or something.

YEP, My mom did it with all us kids, and I did it with my boyz, rub alittle bit on their back and chest, and I even used to put some on a tissue in their room. Just make sure you cover their upper body very well, and keep them warm, don't let them get a draft. In the morning, wash it off with a warm washcloth and cover them back up.
I even used to put some in a pot on the stove and boil it for a little while to make the house smell of it, I hated smelling it though the house, but when they were really congested it helped.

marlowe had bad ear infection in her first year of life. i help with the pain i would dab some vick's behind her ears. it seemed to work.

There's a new BabyRub out for things like that, I guess.

Pseudoephedrine works great as a decongestant, and nearly everything OTC has it in there. I learned what all has it because this year the state passed a law restricting pseudoephedrine because it's a key ingredient in homemade methamphetamines. We can no longer stock it anywhere else in the store excep the cold wall, which now has a surveillance camera. Also part of the law is that all the pure pseudoephedrine pills, like regular Sudafed, are all locked up. Also, no more than 2 packages of it can be purchased at once, but this was already Walgreens policy before the law took effect and the registers catch it if anyone brings up more than 2.

BTW, a little sneak peek from my next revision, Excedrin is coming out with a new Excedrin Sinus Headache, but I haven't seen the product yet, maybe next week or so.

tonksy said:
marlowe had bad ear infection in her first year of life. i help with the pain i would dab some vick's behind her ears. it seemed to work.

What an awesome idea!!

Mare said:
Did I ever mention how much these suck and how I wish it would GO AWAY!!!! :crying4:

when I get mine I try to sleep it off and also some medicines do work such as Benadryl(as long as you are able to take anti sinus medicines)

You know it just doesn't get cold enough here in southern Fl to kill off any germs. So, between one in 4th grade and one in daycare, we keep passing stuff back and fourth to each other. As much as I clean and disinfect things, we still get sick. WTF...... :mad:

UGHHHHH.....I gots one of these sinus presure things going on this morning. Can feel it behind the eyeballs. Work today too...I'll be running to the store this morning for something. :crying4:

Back