Sister's flood.

chcr

Too cute for words
My sisters backyard in New Jersey. They're having a high water problem. Pic one shows geese on their creek, pic two shows water well ofer the same decking. They just moved there in November.

It's too cold to go outside anyway. It'll be useful again in July. Tell us which water repellent company to invest in, will you?

Leslie said:
why on earth did they buy a house close to the river like that?

Ambiance, real estate value, and the fact that the river wasn't quite so close when they bought it.

Professur said:
Ambiance, real estate value, and the fact that the river wasn't quite so close when they bought it.

Tell it to the claims adjuster.

reminds me of one of those viking funeral barge thingers that they set on fire...everyone remember excalibur? yeah..one of those...

I've got the theme tune to that old kirk douglas movie stuck in me head now...........

Leslie said:
why on earth did they buy a house close to the river like that?

It's a creek, but the river is just a few miles downstream. Between them they (sister and brother-in-law) have five kayaks and a canoe. They're outdoorsy folk.

Gonz said:
Tell it to the claims adjuster.

Water's down today. Don says as far as he can tell, nothing was damaged. Their neighbor said he hadn't seen it that high since the early eighties. The water was never rushing by them, sounds to me like it backed up from the river. Oh, note that the house is quite a bit higher than the gazebo, and it's usually five or six feet above the water.

A.B. Normal said:
Hell No,perfect fishing platform :wink2:

Umm... It's New Jersey, do you want to eat those fish????

Back