So are you dead meat?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Since I'm not getting anything, I thought I'd live vicariously. What'd you get your...erm...significant others for Valentines? :brow:

Lit candles....starting from her porch, leading her up to the backyard where a candle lit dinner under the evening sky awaits her. A friend of mine who is top student in her class at a culinary school is preparing the meal and this punk I paid $20 to from Samash to record a guitar piece for the slow dance to come later (The kid is a douche bag but he is good guitar player and doesn't use up much studio time).

after wards....another friend whose dad owns a limo service is helping out with a stretch limo ride to the park where a reserved $150 dollar horse carriage ride awaits her...yes...$150 for a damn horse. From there on we walk to the pond where she finds her earings hanging off a tree being watched by another friend who owes me big time.

OH wait.......I don't have anyone to wine and dine....... :sad:

A really big Hershey's Kiss, a card, a little glass swan vase with a few small red roses, and this balloon. I think she'll really get a kick out of it because she's upgrading her cell phone tomorrow and she's really excited about it.

a necklace shaped like a dragonfly with blue topaz stones for the wings and body.

IDLEchild said:
Lit candles....starting from her porch, leading her up to the backyard where a candle lit dinner under the evening sky awaits her. A friend of mine who is top student in her class at a culinary school is preparing the meal and this punk I paid $20 to from Samash to record a guitar piece for the slow dance to come later (The kid is a douche bag but he is good guitar player and doesn't use up much studio time).

after wards....another friend whose dad owns a limo service is helping out with a stretch limo ride to the park where a reserved $150 dollar horse carriage ride awaits her...yes...$150 for a damn horse. From there on we walk to the pond where she finds her earings hanging off a tree being watched by another friend who owes me big time.

OH wait.......I don't have anyone to wine and dine....... :sad:

Oh---Oh:wave:I'll go!!!

Flowers and a DVD-R/RW VCR combo (Seems she doesn't like using a keyboard to re-program the PVR :shrug: ).

I got her this in September...

attachment.php

I got him a Toronto Maple Leafs fleece throw and some valentine's boxers

He got me a basket from Laura Secord with a little stuffed jelly bean tha laughs, a mug with a stuffed monkey in it that whistles and says "I love you" a stuffed bear, a can of white hot chocolate, some milk chocolate hearts, a felt rose, some candles and some real maple syrup :D

Went the inexpensive route this year. A $20 Musicmatch GC, a couple dozen tulips, and a card. Hopefully, she got me nothing, since that's what I asked her to do.

A nice pair of earrings. If she doesn't like them, I'm sure I can 'lay low' long enough to get to the NCO Academy on Thursday. 5 weeks in rural Georgia...What fun! :rolleyes:

He and I agreed that we wouldn't exchange anything since I am on leave without pay from work at the moment and we're living on his income only.

So I hop in to the van to take the kids to school and there's something under my butt - he made a card and filled a plastic baggie with cinnamon hearts and Lindt chocolates.. I almost cried - it was so sweet!!! The fact that he MADE me a card and stuff was what made me feel all mushy. God he's wonderful!!

I think I'll get a glass candy jar and fill it with Hershey's Kisses and deliver it to him at work. Hmm.. not sure... gotta do something!!

Spirit said:
I think I'll get a glass candy jar and fill it with Hershey's Kisses and deliver it to him at work. Hmm.. not sure... gotta do something!!

Why don't you make him something instead of buying something?

That's just me, 'cause money is so irrelevant.

Ya - I agree - but I can get a galss candy jar at the dollar store :)

I have a little red teddy I wanna wear and a little something else in mind for him for when the kids go to bed :D

I got him nothing and he's getting me nothing. Unfortunately, when it comes to romance or anything of the sort, he missed the classes on it. If I don't plan, he won't bother either.

Back