So I have this sticky mouse prob!!!!

Mare

WTF.....I cleaned my mouse, which desperatly needed it, with alcohol...and the damn thing is still sticking, any suggestions anyone please.LIKE...buy a new one???? :confused:

Define "sticking". Is it grabbing the mousepad, or is it the arrow on the screen that's not moving? You say you cleaned it. But what part? The ball, the rollers that the ball runs on?

If you've done all that, you probably have dust or hair clogging up the optics/axels inside, and will need to open it. The screws are usually hidden under stickers, or the teflon sliders. That said, an optical mouse costs about $20 these days. Why not call it an opportunity for an upgrade.

Mare said:
WTF.....I cleaned my mouse, which desperatly needed it, with alcohol...and the damn thing is still sticking, any suggestions anyone please.LIKE...buy a new one???? :confused:

Gotta take the cover off and clean the inside, Mare. It will probably work then. Do yourself a huge favor and get yourself an optical mouse though. ;)

Smash that ball mouse with a hammer and by a cheap logitech optical mouse at walmart for < $20. Your life will be changed forever i promise you.

logitech :sick:
The main problem I've seen with logitech is the wires they
use are so small and brittle, the mouse may only last a year or so.
I've heard people have had good luck with the wireless, but I've been
burned too many time by logitech wires until I biased against them.

Optical is definitely way better though. ;)

My Logitech wireless is wonderful. Now to upgrade to the one with a recharger base unit.

Well, any optical mouse will do really but no mouse is going to be high quality for under $20. Wireless mice are great if a: you don't mind changing batteries and b: you're not a serious gamer.

I loved my Logitech cordless mouse I got in July 2001. But I had clicked the buttons so much they started to wear out, I guess, since I was having problems getting it to respond to my clicks sometimes. So I replaced it with a Microsoft cordless optical... which will go from excellent signal quality to really poor signal quality and back again for no real reason.

I have an optical mouse which moves on it's own accord. I get a real kick watching the cursor move from one side of the screen to the other, and up and down. My hands free kit in other words. :headbng2:

Gonz said:
My Logitech wireless is wonderful. Now to upgrade to the one with a recharger base unit.
Well that would depend on the ages of her kids. I haven't seen my rechargeable wireless for several months, it "disappeared" several days after I bought it. . . . and the kid ain't old enough to cop to it.

Professur said:
Define "sticking". Is it grabbing the mousepad, or is it the arrow on the screen that's not moving? You say you cleaned it. But what part? The ball, the rollers that the ball runs on?

If you've done all that, you probably have dust or hair clogging up the optics/axels inside, and will need to open it. The screws are usually hidden under stickers, or the teflon sliders. That said, an optical mouse costs about $20 these days. Why not call it an opportunity for an upgrade.

No, its just a regular mouse, took the bottom of little round thingy, cleaned the ball, the things the balls rolls on(which were thilfthy, and all around inside circle, put it back together and worked alittle better but the arrow still stops in certain places and sticks there????

Well after reading a couple posts here...OPTICAL MOUSE it shall be, will try to get one today and see how I like it-THANKS ALL!!!!!! :D

Gonz said:

Just saw the new Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse at work for $89Cdn , my old cordless optical may meet with an untimely demise :devious:

5230.jpg

4779.jpg

Back