So Luis...

Cool. So can you tell me what the fuck he is always bangin' on about?

Sounds like "underlay, underlay" - underlay is that stuff you put down before you lay a carpet isn't it? :D

:D :D

dude, it's been years since the last time a saw a speedy gonzalez cartoon

i think he says "ándale ándale, epa epa, yeeeeejaaaa"

ándale has several meanings, i don't know in what context should i ranslate it, probly "c'mon".

i thought he said something like, "andale, andale, ariba, ariba (sp?)" ... but what do I know? :D

:headbang:

so basically he says that, but.....that's the literal translation.....

*two brains*
will think of it later, is kinda difficult to translate sentences from colloquial spanish to english, somehow i have a brain that thinks purely in english, and another brain that thinks in spanish, the communication between both is not good :D :D

Luis G said:
:headbang:

so basically he says that, but.....that's the literal translation.....

*two brains*
will think of it later, is kinda difficult to translate sentences from colloquial spanish to english, somehow i have a brain that thinks purely in english, and another brain that thinks in spanish, the communication between both is not good :D :D

Well thanks for trying anyway, mate. :D

intersting you should say that about language, clive james [ozzie journo] speaks about 7 languages and says he relishes the moment when your brain stops translating the language into your native one. call it the moment of fluency or understanding if you will )

i had no idea it turns you into steve martin.... D

ris said:
intersting you should say that about language, clive james [ozzie journo] speaks about 7 languages and says he relishes the moment when your brain stops translating the language into your native one. call it the moment of fluency or understanding if you will :)

i had no idea it turns you into steve martin.... :D

Clives James speaks 7 languages?! Dammit - I met him at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of weekends back and didn't "try him out".

Maybe he would have known what Speedy Gonzalez was saying. :conehead:

Back