So what did you have for breakfast this morning?

Ms Ann Thrope said:
hot oatmeal (NOT instant, NOT microwaved) with cashews and chopped fresh mangos, with a side of thick-brewed coffee :retard:

You really are a communist aren't you :D

Aunty Em said:
Mmmmmmm, mince pies and cream! :swing:
aw...those poor innocent minces taken down in the prime of their lives :crying3:

nothing yet for me...but I'm thinking about the apple pie calling me from the fridge :D

Leslie said:
aw...those poor innocent minces taken down in the prime of their lives :crying3:

nothing yet for me...but I'm thinking about the apple pie calling me from the fridge :D

Well don't let it be lonely for too long, or I may just hop on a plane and get there before you! :lol:

Well I haven't got to todays breakfast yet but I have had today's brunch and lunch and afternoon tea so would that count?

chcr said:
Biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, grits and orange juice.

Can someone explain to me exactly what grits are? It sounds like it should come out of the bottom of the budgie's cage! :eek:

A bit early to be asking about breakfast...No? And, no Aunty. No one can explain grits. They just happen...:D

Aunty Em said:
Can someone explain to me exactly what grits are? It sounds like it should come out of the bottom of the budgie's cage! :eek:

It's a corn thing (crushed or something) They are delicious, especially with butter, over easy eggs & some country ham.

DAMNIT!!! chcr, now I hafta go visit my mom :D

Here, Aunty

Aunty Em said:

As I understand it, the heart of the corn kernel is flayed. What you get is something a little coarser than meal, but not as grainy as, say, rice. The trick is to not overcook. Like Gonz says, great with butter, salt and pepper, although I sometimes eat it with strawberry jam or maple syrup (true southerners are now outraged :lol: ) when I want something sweet. Also good with sausage gravy if you don't have biscuits. You do understand, Aunty, that your biscuits are cookies to us? Our biscuits are more like bread.

The white stuff in the little bowl in the breakfast pic is grits.

Gonz said:
Look , I do NOT want to drive to Arkansas this week so you all can hush at any time :eek6:

You know, I believe I'm going to wander into the kitchen and warm me up a biscuit with butter and Polander's All Fruit blackberry preserves on it.

Gonz said:
Look , I do NOT want to drive to Arkansas this week so you all can hush at any time :eek6:
gonz baby...go get yourself some quaker instant grits...they got red eye gravy flavor....not the best but it'll calm the craving. :D

Back