So who is the enemy of Islam?

The enemy of Islam is Islam. It is a violent religion that has yet to shed its glory of the sword for the glory of Allah. It's getting there, at least according to those who leave the region & prefer peace to bloodshed.

Gato_Solo said:
The US, or Al Qaeda?

Possibly Al Qaeda though there are some who harbour the anti US feelings. Also anyone who makes the religion look bad or would persecute Muslims would be an enemy of Islam

In my view, all religion is it's own worst enemy. It requires you to accept things that are unlikely at best up to that which is demonstrably untrue. As education continues to improve, and it is improving worldwide regardless of how we're fucking it up here, religious thought will become less and less a basis for governance. Note that it will likely take a very long time.

chcr said:
In my view, all religion is it's own worst enemy. It requires you to accept things that are unlikely at best up to that which is demonstrably untrue. As education continues to improve, and it is improving worldwide regardless of how we're fucking it up here, religious thought will become less and less a basis for governance. Note that it will likely take a very long time.

As opposed to science, which changes it's mind daily, when it finds out that yesterday's facts were complete nonsense. Sort of like "50% of the matter in space is magically invisible" .... as opposed to "Present theories can't reconcile the observed phenomena (insert muppets singing). More work is needed".

It requires you to accept things that are unlikely at best up to that which is demonstrably untrue

We all evolved from some overheated muck into a planet full of assorted, incredibly diverse specialized creatures, ranging from th elowly protozoa all the way to mammals & ultimaltely humans. Yep, that sounds plausible. ;)

Indeed it does

sure beats

an unseen benevolent super being snapped his fingers and poof

there is two nekkid peeps inna garden plookin' eatin' apples
and gettin' pitched out buff naked in the cold, and they lived
happily ever after

still believe in santa and the easter bunny?

besides what's it matter where we came from
more importantly
where are we going?

Professur said:
As opposed to science, which changes it's mind daily, when it finds out that yesterday's facts were complete nonsense. Sort of like "50% of the matter in space is magically invisible" .... as opposed to "Present theories can't reconcile the observed phenomena (insert muppets singing). More work is needed".
Are you really that bored? :lol:

Wrinkly said:
Indeed it does

sure beats

an unseen benevolent super being snapped his fingers and poof

there is two nekkid peeps inna garden plookin' eatin' apples
and gettin' pitched out buff naked in the cold, and they lived
happily ever after

still believe in santa and the easter bunny?

besides what's it matter where we came from
more importantly
where are we going?

That sounds equally like horseshit.

Which is my point entirely.

The God-fearing attack the Godless as heathens and the godless attack the god-fearing as morons.

Who says both sides aren't wrong?

I can't help but compare Dark Matter with "the ether". Remember that one? Waves can't travel in a vacumn, so there must be something. They haven't gotten past Newton and they think that they can directly apply it to galaxies. Utter nonsense.

Gonz said:
That sounds equally like horseshit.

Which is my point entirely.

The God-fearing attack the Godless as heathens and the godless attack the god-fearing as morons.

Who says both sides aren't wrong?
A Von Daanikenite (sp?) then? :rofl:

Failed Suicide Bomber: I Was Kidnapped, Drugged

BAGHDAD, Iraq — A suicide bomber captured before he could blow himself up in a Shiite mosque claimed he was kidnapped, beaten and drugged by insurgents who forced him to take on the mission. The U.S. military said its medical tests indicated the man was telling the truth.

Another anti-war argument is flushed down the drain.

Contrary to popular lib opinion it appears that the WoT is not creating an outbreak of terrorists in Iraq.

They have had to resort to kidnapping innocent people to do their bidding?

Strange how they aren't able to find more cooperative operatives. Why isn't the allure of eternity in heaven as a Martyr enough to draw these people to kill infidels?

Mahmoud Kaduri, 29, recalled bitterly how he was forced to work with the insurgency currently fighting US and Iraqi government troops. "They told me to work with them or my son would be killed," he recalled.

According to Obaidi, a number of recent offensives led by US and Iraqi government forces have turned up a handful of Iraqis found to be fighting with insurgents against their will.
http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/EVOD-6JEJTQ?OpenDocument

Gonz said:
Erich von Daniken. The "Chariots of the Gods" guy. Says that we were "helped" along the evolutionary path by aliens. Sorry, it was a joke. Like most jokes it's not as funny when you have to explain it.

On a related note, have you ever read any of the "Uplift" novels by David Brin? Good reading.

chcr said:
Erich von Daniken. The "Chariots of the Gods" guy. Says that we were "helped" along the evolutionary path by aliens.

I read it. That guy has ducks in his shoes.

Professur said:
I read it. That guy has ducks in his shoes.

"Ducks in his shoes?" Is that anything like "Bob's yer uncle?" :lloyd:

It seems that we agree that the guys a complete loon though.

Back