Some BEACH, Somewhere!

freako104 said:
Mostly stuff like Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash
That's where my tastes run too. I also like Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Hank Williams (Jr & Sr), et al. I mostly prefer what I call 70's truckdriver country, as opposed to anything remotely new, which I generally despise.

i absolutely despise that damn gretchen whatsherface and that stupid redneck woman song.

Country music is the only form of music I know which actually gives me images of stupidity when I hear it.

All the songs sound like they are bieng sung by Junior high drop outs. I never got into it.

I have yet to hear a country song which will stay in my ipod or any form of portable audio....

abooja said:
That's where my tastes run too. I also like Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Hank Williams (Jr & Sr), et al. I mostly prefer what I call 70's truckdriver country, as opposed to anything remotely new, which I generally despise.

Hank Williams Sr yes. I have not listened to Jr yet.

I also like Junior Brown(I tihnk thats his name. The last time someone played his stuff I was in High school)

freako104 said:
Hank Williams Sr yes. I have not listened to Jr yet.
He sounds nothing like his father. If you're going to listen to one song of his, IMO, make it All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down). ;)

abooja said:
He sounds nothing like his father. If you're going to listen to one song of his, IMO, make it All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down). ;)
or family tradition. tell me eric...have you never heard the intro to monday night football? that's jr.

Nashville West.

Merle and Buck and a few others come from here, fairly rich with country music.

I live with-in 0.5 miles of all four of these here Old-school honky tonks.

BkrsfldHonkyTonkCollage.jpg

I suppose what I like most about country music is sitting around a campfire with them geetaurs strummin' and woot'n hollar'n songs like "mama don't let you babies grow'd up to be cowboys"

And we can't forget about REBA or Jodi Messina.... REBA's the BOMB though...Love her voice and the color of her hair....She's been through so much in her life and still comes through it all like the sun! :D

Back