Song name?

IDLEchild

This song is played at the end of Simpsons episode; The one where Lisa overloads Springfield's power grid causing a blackout so she can see the meteor shower.

The lyrics, whatever little you can hear, went like this

Stary stary night, paint your pallate blue and grey
Look out on a summer's day...... etc etc"
The song is sung in a soft voice over slow, gentle acoustic guitar. Its a beautiful song.

It sounds like Simon and Garfunkel but only one voice is singing it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Damnit Oz, you bet me to the punchline! :mad: ;) *goes off to play some Don Mclean* .... oh yeah... *points and laughs at AB* :p

BeardofPants said:
Damnit Oz, you bet me to the punchline! :mad: ;) *goes off to play some Don Mclean* .... oh yeah... *points and laughs at AB* :p

Yup, I've had to dig out the album as well (on audio cassette! Anyone remember those? :lloyd: ).

Ach well AB......at least he has a link to the lyrics to sing along to now ;)

Remember them? I still use mine...:retard:

I also have about 2000 45s and a few hundred vinyl albums...

And...*gasp* ....an assortment of 78s.

Only Don Mclean I remember is "American Pie" ,I do watch alot of Simpsons,but only for the humour not the backgrouund music :p

Squiggy said:
Remember them? I still use mine...:retard:

I also have about 2000 45s and a few hundred vinyl albums...

And...*gasp* ....an assortment of 78s.

My vinyl collection is slowly gathering dust........gettin' harder and harder to find new stylus for the player :(

Vincent was the song that had people wondering the sexual orientation of Don Mclean...till they figured out it was about VanGogh...

here's a visual aid for anyone that happens to be listening to the song :swing:

gogh_starry-night.jpg

not sure anyone would hear the song over the moaning... :D

on the other hand, I've been told that there are adult images available on the internet.... and some of them even move, and have sound, and everything! :eek:

of course, I wouldn't know anything about that sort of thing ;)

Back