Sore BUTT!

Mare

Man Sues Home Depot After Using Glue-Covered Toilet

:lol2:

BOULDER, Colo. -- Home Depot has been sued by a man who claims the chain's store in Louisville, Colo., ignored his cries for help after he became glued to a toilet seat as part of a prank.

Bob Dougherty, 57, said he became stuck to the toilet seat last year after somebody smeared glue on it.

He told the Daily Camera in Boulder, Colo., that Home Depot employees "just let me rot."

His lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery at the time and thought he was having a heart attack. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk via radio, but the lawsuit said the head clerk thought it was a hoax.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she cannot comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said after about 15 minutes, store officials called for an ambulance. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat. The lawsuit said Dougherty passed out while being wheeled out of the store.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

Dougherty said he blames the home improvement store for "letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

The incident occurred on the day before Halloween in 2003. :lol2:

:lol2: That's a good one. Although it was a good prank, maybe a little malicious, but good none the less. I don't think it was right that no one bothered to check on him when he was calling out for help though.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.
ummm...what skin? i hope he was wearing shorts when he tried the throne on for size.

Spot said:
ummm...what skin? i hope he was wearing shorts when he tried the throne on for size.

Maybe it was a toilet seat on a toilet in a washroom at Home Depot?

That's pretty typical of Home Depot customer service, really.

I, being the lot bitch, tried as best as I could to help customers, but the store is way too big for me to be everywhere at once and no one else seemed to help much.

Lowe's is about the same. i've gotten to know where most everything is from constant wandering around when i need something there.

Uki Chick said:
laugh it up, maybe someone will try it on you!

That being said,you have to wonder why anyone would use a public toilet without first checking to see if it wasn't filthy.Crazy glue would have dried really quick and not posed a prob any other glue would have been apparent.And it was the Ambulance attendants that caused the seat to be ripped off not Home depot,so why the hubbub.

He's suing them because an employee came into the bathroom and knew he was there and the staff did nothing. the guy was stuck there until a customer came in with a cell phone and called 911.

Back