Soup de'jour

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Excuse me...Waiter...theres something from somebody's fly in my soup...:rofl3:

Condom-In-Soup Case Is Resolved
4 hours ago
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Four women have resolved their lawsuit against a restaurant where one of them allegedly found a condom in her clam chowder, attorneys said Monday.

The women had sued McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, claiming negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress after one bit into an unwrapped, rolled-up condom on Feb. 26, 2002.

The case was scheduled to begin Monday in Orange County Superior Court but was canceled after the two sides reached a resolution. Details were not released.

"The case has been resolved in its entirety," lawyers for both sides said in a joint statement Monday. "Both sides are happy with the outcome."

The women said they were all eating clam chowder when Laila Sultan, 48, bit into something rubbery. Defense attorneys previously said there was no evidence suggesting the Irvine restaurant put the condom into the soup and were at a loss for an explanation.

McCormick & Schmick's, a privately owned chain that owns 42 upscale restaurants in 19 states, sued the company that supplied its clams. A judge ruled in favor of the supplier last September.

Is that where mine went?

Actually it may have just been a finger condom,you wear them on your fingers to cover a cut or bandaid. When I worked at McDs we'd fill em with water and throw them off the roof ,great fun till we hit the manager :D

i've worked in many a restaurant....never lost a condom in the soup,,,but i'm not surprised.

AB? i love the av.

Squiggy said:
Excuse me...Waiter...theres something from somebody's fly in my soup...:rofl3:

Condom-In-Soup Case Is Resolved

"The case has been resolved in its entirety," lawyers for both sides said in a joint statement Monday. "Both sides are happy with the outcome."

:rofl4:

ah but that's not all to the story

The California woman who sued a restaurant after allegedly finding a condom in her chowder agreed yesterday to a confidential settlement of her legal claim. Amazingly, if Laila Sultan is to be believed, the condom episode was the second time she was forced to sue over an injurious incident at a chain restaurant. In December 1996, Sultan sued a Long Beach Taco Bell after she was burned by some spilled coffee

:alienhuh:

Amazingly, if Laila Sultan is to be believed, the condom episode was the second time she was forced to sue over an injurious incident at a chain restaurant.
Did someone hold a gun to her head and yell; "SUE THEM NOW BITCH OR YOUR BRAINS ARE GOING TO BE SPLATTERED ALL OVER THE WALL!"?

If she's had this many incidents eating out, perhaps she should learn to cook and start eating at home.

Maybe she's one of those people who plants foreign objects in her food just to have the opportunity to make a quick buck?

AlphaTroll said:
Maybe she's one of those people who plants foreign objects in her food just to have the opportunity to make a quick buck?

That makes a lot more sense. If she's done something like this in the past, then it could very well be a ploy for her. I wouldn't award her anything. After all, give me a break. I can't see how a condom can get into your soup, unless someone plants it there. It's not like the soup was being made at the company where the condoms are being produced!!!

You'd be surprised though - we had a case here where a guy got a used condom in a sealed bottle of Sprite once.....that was just weird as well, since there was no evidence that the seal had been tampered with or anything.

But that was a sealed botttle and not really the same as no-one could claim he'd planted it there.

Uh huh........'cept Sprite Zero....that gets made in the factory of all female staff.........ye DON'T wanna know what comes out of those bottles :sick:

Back