Southern people of OTC

IDLEchild

Don't know if there is a thread on this and I don't know how many here were in the way of Katrina but if any were

you guys ok?

or anyone that knows them here knows if they are ok?

The storm was pretty weak by the time it got to TN. We had some pretty good rain and 30 mph winds, but we get that in thunderstorms all the time. Of course, it did last all day...

Just some wind, rain, and cooler temps here in the mountains of TN. A coworker hasn't heard from her sister and sister's family yet though. Mississippi gulf coast.

Tonkys ex lives in Baton Rouge. He says everything was yucky wet and cast about ... but not flooded or destroyed. It was just a filthy mess. Phone and power was down for two days. Phones are still a bit sporadic. I think the schools and employers all shut down for monday. Not that bad, really.

I have a friend that dropped out of touch 6 years ago. He moved to Bay St Louis... which is no longer there. I don't know if he was there when it hit. Ah well.

Fury and I hae a cousin who (usedto?)live in Gulf Port, MS. They high-tailed it to Florida before Katrina hit, but I haven't heard anything since...I'm not too worried; I've received e-mails with happy tones from his mom since Monday.

Atlanta got about 3 inches of rain, some tornadoes, and winds guting to about 40. Not all that bad, really. Too far East.

We haven't heard from Sharky yet. Haven't seen Alex in awhile, either, and he's north Alabama - they got it worse than we did.

Got an e-mail today from my aunt, she says my cousin, his wife and their daughter are safe and well. Thank God.

North Carolina got nothing not even rain.

Md did get some rain and storms at the worst. I hope others that would be in the area are safe and got out ok.

3 tornados got really close here, but no damage to me.
The last one did go right overhead, and killed people about 5 miles north in Lula GA.

The Florida Panhandle really dodged a bullet this time.

My heart goes out to those who were affected by the hurricane.

I'd be willing to bet that next time a Cat 4 or 5 heads this way, there will be no problem getting people to evacuate. However, the logistics of the evac will be a serious problem. There are simply too many people along the coast to get them all out quickly.

And hopefully FEMA will get their shit together before the next one.

Back