SPAM, seriously folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Since we got silly and the thread was closed, back on track, that kind of crazyness is what makes OTC fun, maybe we picked the wrong thread to do it.

The original problem was people taking over threads, and making it into their own personal shoutboxes right?

I think people saw the error of their ways. No matter what happens all threads will go off topic, and probably be back on topic, then go off again, that being the nature of this place, and that is all good, as long as it doesn't become a converstaion where others feel excluded.

I'm sorry :crying4:

okay so here's a plan...if it starts to happen someone come in and yell:
"shoutbox!"
and then people will know that it's happening...ok? how does that sound?

Professur said:
C'mon, Les. Reopen that thread. It was just getting good.

..psssssssst....Prof........just between you & me - there's another one in KK......but don't tell Les I told you mmmkay? ;)

Which thread?

*Edit

Nevermind and Leslie...I couldn't agree more. They proved you right in that thread alone. I am not too worried about alieanating others but it does get to be a pain when a thread has 5 replies on topic and 45 concerning pointless sexual innuendo. When you have to filter through 40 nonsensical replies in order to see if anyone had anything positive to put in, something I or someone else interested could reply to.

This absurdity, for the better part, is contained mostly in LL.

Too bad that thread was closed - I think Leslie had some really good points. I've been a member of this board for ages and when I dropped off for a little while and came back, I saw different cliques had been formed. Now that's all well and good - it happens - life goes on with out *Spirit*, :crying4: but I felt like a non-entity when I came back. My posts were invisible in favor of those who post more often.

Perhaps my posts got dry
Perhaps my posts lacked anything interesting

But as long as you're still my girlfriend and lover, Leslie *wink wink* :D Then .... oh well...... :rofl3:

Ok.. seriously... I agreed with every word of that post of yours. Those who *put thier hand up* in disagreement are among those who are guilty for ignoring others for who ever thier *flavour of the day* is.

i don't ignore anyone and i don't have a "flavor of the day"....please don't generalize me...i don't know you...i might like to.

I don't intentionally alienate anyone.........in fact I usually don't have much of a clue who I'm replying to..........I just post random shit everywhere :)

Spirit has a valid point, a lot of threads are hard to break into, and for newbies, or the real vetrans returning, it can really put people off.

I think the idea of the original spamming thread was not a warning, or anything negative, just a reminder that the boards are for everything.

I post this as a spam loving post whore

Spirit said:
But as long as you're still my girlfriend and lover, Leslie *wink wink* :D Then .... oh well...... :rofl3:
well of course m'dear...how could it be otherwise? :brow:

Squiggy... :p You KNOW that's not what I meant.

Every time this thread comes I up I get the feeling that Paul's ordering us to spam seriously.....keep wondering how the hell one does that? :tardbang:

Um...can I just be the odd one out and disagree with you on the spamming thing? Yeah I'm one of the people that visits when I can/want to which is probably an hour to two a day (and to say even an hour is kind of stretching it). I happen to enjoy reading the personal conversations :$ I'm amused by them even.

But I can see how it would be a problem to other people =) Maybe just make one big giant spamming thread or something? :$

There was one big giant spam thread - The 10,000 post thread. :lol: Reached 10k and locked up tighter'n .... can't think of anything witty. But it was locked. :shrug:

Oz - your avatar just cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back