Spiking 7inch long hair

HubbaHubba

im hoping to do a porcuspike type thing, not like the cones(liberty?) or twist things .. i checked and ive been told a ton of different things .. Egg whites, elmers glue, elmers *wood* glue, just lots of gel, aquanet(?), knox gelatine and a few others like wax and *bees*wax(only thought this was for dreads)

any expunks or current punks or hairstylists or people that feel like adding to there postcount got any suggestions on what will work best? and how to prepare it, how long it will last etc.

thanks bunches~ i promise pictures ;)

I think you can wander right into your typical walmart and whatnot and buy some hair spiking gel outright. ...or if you live nearabouts a big city, a Hot Topics store.

[22:26:54] Mike: tralala
[22:27:01] Jerrek: MIIKKKKKEEEEE
[22:27:03] Jerrek: hi
[22:27:06] Jerrek: whats up?
[22:27:19] Mike: i failed at spiking my hair :(

[22:27:45] Jerrek: awwww :p
[22:28:03] Mike: lol 7inches and i couldnt get it up
[22:28:12] Mike: ;) lol
[22:28:21] Jerrek: that is quotable

ok so that was a mistake im stuck with must hate w/jerrek

btw unc, thats why im asking.. most stuff like the max hold dippity do(#5?) isnt nearly strong enough(made for like 2inches max) and im wondering what anyone has tried and found worked good

HubbaHubba, come on msn?

dippity do goes up to ATLEAST 7 i believe

Yes, Nixy gave you some advice. I don't have any though. And I think most people are taking a nap. Wait till tomorrow. ;)

I'd say the Elmer's Glue or the Knox gelatine would probably do the best.

In my big hair days, I used Aquanet Extra Super Hold. I think the trick is to use some kind of super hold gel, do spikes with as little hair in each spike as possible, and then to spray it with hair spray, dry it gently with a blow drier and do the hair spray again and again till it stays.

I had a friend who did it with 10 inch long hair. If she could do it, you can.

Back