Sprained it up good...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
...I slipped on some slippery stairs at school today...sprained my ankle up real good.

After almost 2 hours in the ER I got a tensor and sent home...guess it could have been worse. I didn't want crutches but I kinda wish he had suggested them cause it would be better than walking me thinks.

:hugs:

I know how mych that can hurt. I have also sprained both of my ankles (among other things) up pretty good.

Just rest it on a coffee table a lot while you are sitting down and put ice on it. That should help it a bit.

Heh, in 1988 I broke both ankles by sliding feet first into the hay bales at the side of the track at around 60 mph or so. That was exciting. Luckily my day job was a sit down one and I was between bands at the time. Had to buy a car with an automatic though ('80 Pinto).

that's a bummer nix, my right ankle hasn't been stable since i got tackled playing football in dec 2003. mine keeps tipping under me, i resprain it every 2-3 months or so. pl has it pretty much covered, rest, ice, compress and elevate is about the best you can do. once the swelling is down i'm sure you'll be fine :)

Ouch. I still haven't found my bowling game since I broke my arm 7 years ago. Hopefully your recovery doesn't mess you up like that. Also, I found out a couple of days ago my former boss at my old store fell off a ladder in the stockroom and broke his leg. :( He's very lucky it wasn't worse, that's a good 10+ foot drop and a little jostling could've caused an avalanche of heavy boxes and stuff. It's really bad timing for him, it's about time for his annual vacation to Spring Training, he's a huge Cubs fan.

Back