Squished Pennies

Professur

Anyone here collect them? We got a few for the kids as souveniers of Stone Mountain, but I'm finding out that aparently this is a big thing. There's even a museum for them.

No, this is a machine with a crank found at tourist stops. You put in a pair of quarters and a penny, and crank. The machine squishes the penny and stamps a picture onto it, turning it into souvenier.

The Squished penny museum.

I have one from Niagara Falls somewhere...but now for the one there you just put in like a twonie and it uses a blank to make the souvenir...cause it's illegal to squish real pennies...at the Royal Canadian Mint in Ottawa they have a machine where you put in money and it presses a blank into a souvenir coin...it was broken when I was there :(

You scared me for a second.

When I first saw this post, I read "Squished Penises" :confused:

I wouldn't pay 51 cent for a squished penis.

I wonder what that machine would do to one of those steel pennies. :evilcool:

catocom said:
I wonder what that machine would do to one of those steel pennies. :evilcool:

Do you really want to waste one to find out? If so, I've probably got one in worse shape than the ones you have.

tonksy said:
they had 'em at the zoo too....wish i'd said something.

S'alright. We weren't doing them then. Aren't doing them now, either. It was a one time thing to give the kids a souvenier. V3.0 is very posessive of his.

HomeLAN said:
Do you really want to waste one to find out? If so, I've probably got one in worse shape than the ones you have.
Oh hell no. I ain't puttin' mine in there. :grinno:
I just said I wonder. I'd try a slug from a fusebox or someting. :evilcool:

Professur said:
Actually, it's V2.0 that puts things in her mouth. Usually any sting or tassle on her clothes.
My v3.0 chews his left sleeves. So all of his winter tops have a shredded left sleeve. Big gaping holes, tatters. He looks great. :blank:

Back