Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Automatic -- and I drive an automatic

• Automatic -- but I have a stick

• Don´t care

• Total voters
I'm Mr. Mom... got the tan Toyota mini-van going on, automatic transmission... *sigh*

The Bugatti is out of my range, but maybe one day I'll own another mustang like the one I had back in the day... except this time, I want it to be a cream colored convertible with a red interior. :headbang:

Manual for the city, automatic for the road.

BTW, i like rear traction better.

I have an automatic - the first I've ever owned .. but I couldn't find a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in 5-speed so I had to settle... oh well, bygones ... she's pretty though, and that's all that counts :)

1985 BMW 318i.

Pulled it out of a junkyard and have been putting it back together.

5 speed manual. I love driving this car.

i drive stick but autos aren't that popular in the uk.

i like the control of a stick-shift, responsiveness, added engine-braking using revs etc.

i'm not sure i would enjoy driving an auto as much, especially in the back-roads :D

Originally posted by Justintime
rsd has made me an auto user, but perfer manual.

rsd?

I drove a stick for 6 years, loved it. Then the head gasket blew and I had to get a used car and could only find automatics. Well, at least it's green. :D

Originally posted by Justintime
repetitive strain disorder :( hands hurt with the use of a stick, and if i use the computer too long.

wonder how much would you use the puter otherwise :confuse3:

my cousin had surgery after having bad carpal tunnel, says its made a massive difference.

Stick. Shifting gears and pressing clutch is what makes the pleasure in driving. I wouldn't want it otherwise.

I have driven auto's and stick shift ( manual ) and prefer the manual - prety much for all the same reasons as ris said.
Also in the UK if you take a driving test in an auto you are not allowed to drive a stick shift untill you have done a different test in a car with a stick shift.
Probably the best compromise is what one of my relatives has - a car with both shifts - it's basicaly an auto that you drive as an auto, but you can put it in to 'sequential mode' so you get a touring car type manual shift.

Back