Stuff

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I had $7.90 in change laying around my bedroom and my car

I deposited it all. It took the teller a half an hour to count it all out. :beerbang:

Oh, also, I got my debit card. It can be used as a regular Mastercard anywhere so that I don't have to pay debit transaction fees too! :beerbang:

so you guys get charged for paying with a debit card? :eek:

btw, isn't it great when you find money in your clothes?, i remember once i was almost broke, and then i found a 100 in a jacket, it was there probably since the last winter. :D

Yeah. :mope:

That's when one of the banks around here got the bright idea to have a totally free checking account. (minus paying for the checks)

They give you some kind of card they call an Enhanced Jeanie card, or something. It can be used as a Mastercard CC to avoid transaction fees. The biggest problem with it is that it might seem easy to think it's a credit card and think you can get a bunch of money out of it. But here's where the bank gets their profit - if you overdraw the account, it's an initial $36 plus $6 each extra day that the account's in the red. :bolt:

Wierd....I don't get charged either. I can do debit (never do becase I have to use my PIN) or I can use it as a Visa (but it takes a bit longer to pull from the account).

I just remembered, I'm on a fee-free account too. However, I get charged if I use anything but their ATMs (including human tellers).

I can use my debit card as a Mastercard anywhere and it doesn't cost any extra, the only thing I pay for on my account is the checks. I pay other banks if I use thier ATM's, but it doesn't cost any more from my bank.

There are only two charges i can get for using my debit card:
- Not having the minimum ammount of money in my account (i think is 500 pesos).
- A small fee for withdrawing money if i don't use the atm.

I don't get charged for anything as long as I never use it as a debit and never go below $0. There was a minimum $50 to start the account (and I started it with $100) and that's it

bank charges went over here in the mid eighties for cash and cheque transactions. debit cards don't draw any flak either. you still get charged for ovrdrafts but most banks offer a charge-free area on agreement. the only problem i've ever had with money and my bank was when they neglected to activate my overdraft when i knew i was going to hit the red.

Back