stumped

tonksy

so i have these beer caps that i cannot identify...the DG's are jamaican in origin but are not red stripes (they have a different cap). the fish one is one that thulsa doom sent me...i need help....oh! and i also have some that are black in background and have 2 golden pyramids on them....any ideas?

Sharky said:
The D&G caps are Desnoes and Geddes Breweries of Jamaica, brewers of Red Stripe and Dragon Stout.
I believe the caps you have are from Dragon Stout.

Review of Dragon Stout

Info on Desnoes & Geddes Breweries

As for the "fish" (that's a shark, dear) - I'm still working on that one. :cool:
yeah...i knew it was from D&G but not red stripe...dragon stout, eh? i've never had that...wonder where the caps came from.
thanks for the help...hope you have better luck on the shark (fish :p ) than i did.
a great site for beer is www.beeradvocate.com i believe i'll see if i can get a description of dragon stout's cap from them. thanks again sharky. :hug:

I am soooooo wrong . . .

OK, not Dragon Stout, but definitely Desnoes & Geddes.

They also make soda pop, maybe it's from their soda. :shrug:

And that is INDEED a fish (so sorry to have corrected you incorrectly, ma'am) :blush:

It is a Dogfish Head Beer cap, listed under "U.S.A." on the list on this site.

Dogfish is another name for "Mud shark" ,so your both right. :swing:
spinydogfish1.jpg

http://new-brunswick.net/new-brunswick/sharks/species/spinydogfish.html

Re: I am soooooo wrong . . .

Sharky said:
OK, not Dragon Stout, but definitely Desnoes & Geddes.

They also make soda pop, maybe it's from their soda. :shrug:

And that is INDEED a fish (so sorry to have corrected you incorrectly, ma'am) :blush:

It is a Dogfish Head Beer cap, listed under "U.S.A." on the list on this site.
dude! i've got that site stickied...how did i miss that? i refer to that site all the time...*slaps forehead. thanks so much sharky!

good thinking on the D&G! i'll look into that.

tonksy said:
any ideas?

Yes. Your beer bottle caps should have bottles under them. It works much better that way. ;)

tonksy said:
dude! i've got that site stickied...how did i miss that? i refer to that site all the time...*slaps forehead. thanks so much sharky!

good thinking on the D&G! i'll look into that.

No worries! :cool:

I'm still working on the golden pyramids/black background caps. :nerd:

Gonz is right - beer caps are better with a cold bottle still attached! :D

Sharky said:
No worries! :cool:

I'm still working on the golden pyramids/black background caps. :nerd:

Gonz is right - beer caps are better with a cold bottle still attached! :D
i like to think of them as little mementos. :D

Gonz said:
Yes. Your beer bottle caps should have bottles under them. It works much better that way. ;)
well...they all did at one time...the majority of them were consumed in my presence. :p

tonksy said:
well...they all did at one time...the majority of them were consumed in my presence. :p

Id you could convince people to send you beer caps with the bottles still attached and full thought you'd REALLY be in business :brush:

Nixy said:
Id you could convince people to send you beer caps with the bottles still attached and full thought you'd REALLY be in business :brush:
if i could do that i would waste my talents on beer ;)...or maybe i would.

kuulani said:
those might be from me ... :D

hefeweizen.jpg

Pyramid%20Choice%20Hat.jpg
bless you, woman!!!! we have been scouring the beer aisles looking for the caps. my mind can rest at last :p
oh! and i found another turle cap! so now thanks to you and my new find i have 2 kinds of turle caps!! i tried to talk the manager dude at mink's liquor store into ordering some honu so i could try it...hope it works!
thanks again!

tonksy said:
if i could do that i would waste my talents on beer ;)...or maybe i would.

You wanna talk about talents?? Last night at the drug store I asked the guy what their fee was...he asked me what I wanted it to be and I said "Five dollars" (that is how much of a fee my drug plan pays...they pay the full drug charge and up to $5 filling fee) so he says "I can do $6.50" and I say "awwww I can get it for $5 across town...that is how much my drug plan will pay" as I flash him a cute little smile and I was wearing a cute denim skirt and a polo type shit that had a rather low cut V front...anyway...he says he can do it for 5...I look in my wallet and I don't have my damn drug plan card...he tells me he'll call another pharmacy that I've been to and get the info...so he does...then when my prescirption was done he says "Here you go, you can come back here anytime you want ;)"

hahahaha I never thought I'd bargain with a pharmacist :D

Nixy said:
as I flash him a cute little smile and I was wearing a cute denim skirt and a polo type shit that had a rather low cut V front

that's how i used to be beer when i was underage :drink:

dangit .. now i wanna drink beer .. and i haven't had any since my mom's party last month ...

Back