Stupid banks

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bank One, aquired by Chase is my former bank. Well, kinda. My new employer doesn't do Direct Deposit & B1/Chase charges for a checking account without DD. They have other free accounts but I end up paying for services I now get for free.

So, we swithched & were setting things up to have the Chase account zero out. It did. Then I noticed that there was a pending authorization for 3 charges we didin't do. Over 700 bucks. My wife called the 800 number on the card to alert them. They, literally, didn't care. We called the Chase customer service & asked if we could flag these charges & deny them. "Talk to your local branch". WTF?!?!

So, we go into our branch & tell them what's happening. The manager looks at the account & says "Yep, there they are". We respond with "well then, close the account, deny these charges & call the cops". We then hear how they can't close the account with pending charges & we'll have to wait to see if they clear. Well, as of a few minutes ago, at least one did. A crime has now been committed & larceny achieved & these morons were aware of it & did nothing. We're still stuck with an account we don't want & potential liabilities involved with that (hehe, wanna bet).

No idea how our info got out there but beware if you're a Chase customer. They don't mind a little thievery at your expense.

Banks nowadays seem to not give a shit about their clients. I'm lucky that the ones I deal with have been good so far other than little fuck ups here and there. All in all, I haven't had problems, but I have in the past and it wasn't funny!

I like my local community bank. They only have one branch and one ATM, so to compensate they dont charge fees for using other banks ATM machines PLUS they reimburse me for the fee the other bank charges. Totally sweet.

There aren't many of those left rr. Especially when traveling is common & the liklihood of using non-local ATMs is great.

I know, I'm lucky. When buying my house my realtor pointed me to this small local bank. I think they have a branch in Columbus, IN as well. They had the best interest rate for me by .25%, then they gave me the obligitory sales pitch on their checking/saving/etc accounts. Sounded too good to be true. So far it's been great, zero problems.

:rofl4:

The bank manager just called. We are now allowed to call "Disputes". :lol2:

I had a credit card, bank account, and car loan with them and cancelled them all as soon as possible because of the poor customer service I received at every turn. Do you remember that debacle when I tried to pay off my Chase car loan with the Bank of America credit card? I believe the name of the thread was "BOA and Chase are mother fuckers". :D

But it's turning around to bite me in the ass. My Fleet bank account is now a BOA and my Bank One credit card is now a Chase.

I can't get away from these assholes. We're looking into other banks now too.

I know, that worries me. Maybe the solution is Credit Unions instead. They don't seem to get bought by anyone. How's your credit rating? They don't seem to reward anyone except the people with perfect credit.

I was a member of a CU years ago and they never approved me for anything when I was starting to build my credit. Other companies were offering me cards with single-digit interest rates and over $5000. credit line but the CU continued to deny me, time and time again.

Plus they weren't convenient to get to and there were no good ATM's around. Perhaps when we buy a house if there's one close to home, I might consider it.

We're part of a CU but they promised one thing & did another so now they have our mortgage & nothing else. I generally prefer credit unions to banks. More personal, less intrusive.

Washington Mutual's free checking has been pretty good to me so far. They're sure a hell of a lot better than Citibank.

Back