System Shock

BeardofPants

Okay, it's my favourite game ever - the first one, that is. However, I'm running a mac system with OSX, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a mac version released, and what operating system I'd need to run it under, ie could it run under OS 9?

System_Shock-1.png

a friend dled it onto his but I dont know whether or not there is one. I will ask him since hes a fan

From my boy back home

ha...yeah, I'm just good at blood.*shrugs*

But yeah, tell your forum to goto
dosbox.sourceforge.net, it's a full dos emulator and
it's got a version for almost every OS currently in
use(yes, that includes MacOS X). I don't believe
System Shock was ever ported to the mac, so just tell
him to go get DOSBox from that page, k?

See you in May then.

freako104 said:
From my boy back home

ha...yeah, I'm just good at blood.*shrugs*

But yeah, tell your forum to goto
dosbox.sourceforge.net, it's a full dos emulator and
it's got a version for almost every OS currently in
use(yes, that includes MacOS X). I don't believe
System Shock was ever ported to the mac, so just tell
him to go get DOSBox from that page, k?

See you in May then.

Or she can get a real computer. :lol:

Ta, Eric, I will check out that forthwith.

Gato_Solo said:
Or she can get a real computer. :lol:

*handonhip So, for it to constitute being a real computer, does that mean it has to crash every five minutes? :hmm: :p

BeardofPants said:
Ta, Eric, I will check out that forthwith.

*handonhip So, for it to constitute being a real computer, does that mean it has to crash every five minutes? :hmm: :p

Ahhh...Go steal some pants... :lol: :winkkiss:

Eric, I downloaded it (well, the BF did), and we tried it with Ultima Underworld (an earlier game by the same company), and it worked okay - but it's VERY slow, and music is glitchy. :( If it's this slow for an earlier game, I'm thinking it probably won't be able to run System Shock. :(

Tom! You mentioned a port for an earlier version of OS.... could you post a linky pwease? *Pleading look*

Oh, and does anyone know if The Longest Journey has been converted to OX9 or earlier?

BeardofPants said:
Tom! You mentioned a port for an earlier version of OS.... could you post a linky pwease? *Pleading look*

Oh, and does anyone know if The Longest Journey has been converted to OX9 or earlier?

Do you want me to contact Tom again? I called him a few nights ago and he is busy cause he is out of school for the moment and works full time but I keep regular contact wiht him.

No problems eric... but I may need to call on you anyway, cos he might never get the link to me cos he'll be so busy lookin' up nekkid brunettes for me. ;)

let me know if you do need me to. As said we keep in constant touch and we hang out between semesters and breaks when we can

Back